Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

exchanged13
Journeyman III

Strange sound from the PC CASE while the game is loading and random crashes

Hi everybody!

Every few days, something very unusual and strange happens to the PC.

1.  Games crash randomly without any sign. Yesterday my AMD gpu driver crashed. The driver is installed fine.
  2.  Today I installed a game, on the loading screen my fps was around 2500 and there was such a strange hissing sound coming from the machine case, which went away after loading the game
  3. it happened a couple of times, the monitor suddenly lost the signal while loading the game and only restarting the PC helped.
  4. Sometimes the red LED GPU light flashes on the motherboard, which also goes off after restarting the PC and doesn't come back on for days.

I am completely in despair, it has almost turned into paranoia for me. I'm afraid that there is something big wrong with the PC and it has days left. 

The complete configuration:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 + DeepCool AK500S Digit cooler  (CPU and Cooler 6 days old)
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB OC (MSI brand) (4 months old)
  • PSU: bequiet! SYSTEM POWER 10 650W +80 Bronze (1 months old)
  • RAM: g.skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 3200mhz DDR4
  • MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B450
  • DISPLAY: SAMSUNG Odyssey G3 24" 165hz VA panel with DP cable

Heat values ​​during games: 

• CPU: On average, it is between 50-58C, it never goes higher than that.
  • GPU: On average, it is between 64-68C, it never goes higher than that.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition version: 24.2.1

Despite the above errors, the entire PC performs very well during games. Not a hitch or freeze anywhere.

Thank you very much for your answers and I hope we can find a solution.

0 Likes
5 Replies
bimbom
Adept II

find a nearby PC repair shop with quality reviews. Email/call them BRIEFLY describing your issue and ask them if its something they could diagnose.

0 Likes

You have the minimum PSU wattage of 650 watts that MSI Support recommends for your GPU card in your PC.

Possibly your PSU might not be supplying sufficient power output to your GPU card under heavy PC loads or your GPU card might be going bad.

Download OCCT and run all three tests - CPU, GPU, & PSU and see if your PC crashes during any of the testing. Keep a close eye on Temperatures, Fan speeds, and especially PSU Outputs (5.0 & 12.0 vdc) while testing.

The PSU outputs all should be within 5% tolerances so the minimum 5.0 vdc  is 4.75 output and the 12.0 vdc is 11.4 vdc.  If you see your 12 Vdc output below 11.4 you need to replace your PSU.

The hissing sounds might be indicating a hardware issue or overheating or possibly coil whine from either the PSU, GPU or Motherboard's VRM.

Next time your hear the Hissing sound remove your side panel and try to physically locate exactly where the sound is originating from. It might be from your PSU being over-stressed.

0 Likes
exchanged13
Journeyman III

Thank you all! 

I was looking at a new PSU. Can you help me choose?

• EVGA SuperNOVA G5 850 850W
  • FSP Hydro G PRO 850W 80 Gold
  • NZXT C850 850W
  • Cooler Master MWE 850 Gold V2 Full Modular

0 Likes
exchanged13
Journeyman III

completed OCCT, here is the results:

• CPU/GPU/PSU Zero error, the system is stabile
  • RAM indicated 1000+ errors
  • For me, what worries me is that under extreme load the GPU delivers a maximum power of 195W and operates at 0.99-1.0 V
0 Likes

You should worry about those 1000+ errors on Ram. Your ram should never give any errors otherwise you will get BSOD or hard reboot. If you know how, try to run memtest86 and share the results with us. Again, memtest86 should result 0 errors, otherwise it will fail the test.

Try to disable XMP and see if your ram still gives errors. If it doesn't, it means overclock applied by XMP profiles are not stable or your Ram sticks (one or both) are borked and you should consider returning them if they're within warranty period or buying new sticks of ram.