Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Audity
Journeyman III

Strange custom tuning behavior on restart

Hi all,

I am using the custom tuning functionality of Radeon Software to undervolt my GPU. My saved profile has a max boost of 2000MHz @ 1100mV. I de-shrouded my GPU in order to strap a couple case fans on instead for better cooling, which is handled through a Corsair Commander CORE with a custom fan curve based on GPU junction temp. My GPU is a Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC.

Now for the actual issue - occasionally when I shut down and turn on my PC after a while, the tuning profile resets to the default 1200mV for max boost without giving me a warning message or notification such as "Default Wattman settings have been restored..." I cannot seem to figure out the cause of this, I just notice it occasionally when I am playing games after turning my PC on and temps are higher than they should be. On noticing this, I check my tuning settings to see that sure enough the voltage was reset.

I have stress tested my undervolt thoroughly using multiple test suites, and am fairly convinced it is stable. I turned off fast boot in Windows, and am keeping both Windows and my drivers up to date.

Is there some way to force my settings to be the default, or prevent my tune from being reset on unexpected power loss?

Cheers

R5 3600 | RX 5700XT
0 Likes
0 Replies