cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Strange behavior of drivers in relation to Windows

Greetings to all. I am contacting you through a translator. A year and a half ago, I purchased a graphics card from AMD, and almost immediately problems began with the drivers. Probably the most important problem is that after installing the next new version of drivers, my Windows stopped loading normally, namely, after installing this new version of drivers, I restarted the computer and after restarting I could no longer open programs (what can I say, even when opening the start menu I I couldn't turn off the computer, because when I pressed the buttons everything hung up, I could only turn off the computer using the button on the case). The system loads at the same time, but at the moment of the appearance of the desktop, for some reason, everything breaks down at one moment. Why is this problem related specifically to AMD drivers? Because when I started Windows in safe mode, I tried to remove the drivers through the AMD Cleanup utility, rebooted the computer once again and everything worked as it worked before. I recently upgraded from windows 10 to the new version of windows 11, and the problem only worsened, because earlier, after installing a new version of the drivers, I could still use the computer for some days before this problem reappeared. Now, as soon as I restart the computer, everything immediately breaks down, which is why it has become completely impossible to use the drivers. I have been looking for the reason for a long time, but the reason is most likely obvious - these are incomplete drivers for a specific PC assembly. I do not want to switch to Nvidia, there are no problems with the video card itself, and therefore I ask for help. Specifications of my computer: Win 11 pro; 6650 XT; Ryzen 5 4600G; 16 GB of RAM; MPG B550 Gaming plus motherboard.

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

The problem could be a conflict between the 6650XT card and the 4600G IGP. Open Windows Device Manager, Display adapters and disable the Radeon (TM) Graphics.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

It worked. Thank you very much

broderwill_
Adept I

Check for conflicting software. 

0 Likes