cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen Instability MCE bea0000000000108? What do do next?

seriously cmon, i ran linux and its great amd will not help. they dont care, there is money in free. unfortunatley.... i prey for the day i can hop on linux and it works for amd. but nope only intel . since intel actully gave a rats bahoooot and amd didnt. oh btw im amd all the way.. i guess

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I suggest that problems with current windows 10 build will be partially cleaned up with the next one expected in 3 weeks

0 Likes
rebelyell
Exemplar

dont mislead your self on false promises... good thing i will never run win10 on ryzen sheeewwww. i stay with 7 till im dead or linux pulls through which they will... i just hope its in time for 2020

0 Likes
rebelyell
Exemplar

i really may just go freedos for now since everything just works like old windows... but i may wait im not sure

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

rebelyell wrote:

dont mislead your self on false promises... good thing i will never run win10 on ryzen sheeewwww. i stay with 7 till im dead or linux pulls through which they will... i just hope its in time for 2020

I have been using Windows 10 on every rig that it will run on. I have not had big problems.

0 Likes
hifigraz
Elite

Welcome in the club. Sad thing first AMD does not care.

Good thing second. You can disable Advance C-State handling in Bios and the problem will be gone. Powerconsumption of course will be little bigger during idle time.

Best Robert

0 Likes
rebelyell
Exemplar

good thing i disabled c-states long ago.  i have frowned away from linux since dual booting cost me alot of time and bs too fix when uninsatlind as you can imagine with mbr record. win 7 user so no its not gpt. either way im gad to hear if not worried about power the previous issues isnt a concern too much

0 Likes
rebelyell
Exemplar

i guess i have a question. i could never get corsairlink to work even with the complex work around in forums. also no temps or use ryzen other than old micro code like fx. so basically 4 core . also major issues with graphics cards to work correctly.. so i gave up on amd for linux.. i guess amd looses alot of sales in that department which sucks but hey . they dont seem to care about 10% of customers why should i . right ?

0 Likes
ttbek
Adept III

Look, maybe the bean counters don't care, but there are definitely people

at AMD that care a lot about open source and Linux. They wouldn't be

making the kernel contributions that they have otherwise, wouldn't be

pushing the open GPU platform, and wouldn't have a much better open source

driver than Nvidia's (there's a reason Linus Torvalds was upset with Nvidia

:P).

0 Likes
migilenik
Journeyman III

Hi, I would like to join the club, just had a first failure with the same results.

If it helps to some AMD guy with debugging, Im running Debian 9 Stretch on Asus PRIME A320M-K with AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor.

Kernel 4.12.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.12.6-1~bpo9+1 (2017-08-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux. I upgraded from 4.9 two weeks ago, untill now i had no issue with this rig (its around 3 months old, running Debian Stretch since then).

It happened few minutes after start, very low usage, just chromimum with 5 or 6 tabs. I have activated SMT in UEFI Bios, but no virtual machine vas active before it failed. Syslog attached.

0 Likes