cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Z7xETH4N
Journeyman III

ryzen 9 7900x stuttering in game

new ryzen 9 7900x and msi x670e tomahawk and ddr5 ram. in game stutters no sound changes just gliches or lags every second or so on latencymon it shows really high spikes. I cant find the problem or figure out how to solve it. any ides anyone?

1 Reply
krzysiek358
Journeyman III

Hi, did you manage to solve your problem ? I believe to have the same issue. Latencynom is pointing to kernel, and it's getting worse over time.
I tried clean installation of windows, but the same issue. It appears even on idle, like when I'm moving window around. The same on my second boot Linux. And I know how that sounds, but I have a feeling like I can see the same behavior in bios. I tried like 3 or 4 bios versions. I tested RAM like 3 times, no errors. I bought new PSU since last had like 7 y.o. but the same result. Temps look good, so I can't believe in throttling. The only left parts are cpu and mobo. But I can't know which to RMA and I don't want to wait for RMA if I can solve it myself somehow.
I tried to look at latencytop but didn't know how to interpret the data. EXPO changes nothing like other bios options.

I didn't play with any vlotage or frequency. Mostly default values in bios.

Have somone any idea ?

=======

hwinfo report 

0 Likes