cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Vic2_O
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800X Random Overheating

Recently I have been having weird overheating issues with my cpu, as in my cpu under load can thermal throttle and peak at 90C. This wasn't the case for a while, in fact in a 1 hour cinebench load my cpu would normally peak at around 67C, but then out of nowhere it started getting really hot even in idle. For context my cooler is a 360mm Lian-Li Galahad and my case is a high airflow case with 3 intake fans, and the 360 rad set as exhaust. I recently re-pasted my cpu to make sure that wasn't the problem, but even so i'm still having these temperature issues. I had even gone as far as to undervolt my cpu to 1.225V at 4.6GHz, which would have originally left my cpu very cool, but now it idles at 67-72C.

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Hi,

I have a Galahad 240, the rad is at the top blowing out..

The in/out pipes on the rad need to be above the cpu block, if not you could get air bubbles and the coolant won't circulate properly..

I had to reseat the block a couple of times as it need to be dead flat and the fixing being only 2 screws can be a little fiddly to get right..

Also your pump needs to be at 100%, make sure it's plugged into the AIO/WB header..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I agree with @vialli100 that it probably is an issue with your AIO CPU Cooler.

If everything was working fine and now it is overheating seems like something went wrong with the CPU Cooler.

Make sure you feel liquid circulating in the tubing to and from the Radiator and that the Input hose to the CPU block is slightly cooler than the Output hose from the block.

Could be the pump is running but may have an air bubble inside the block preventing circulation of fluids thus overheating your CPU.