cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

PFP_Roco
Journeyman III

RX 6500 XT FPS glitches

Hey everyone, I recently upgraded from an Nvidia 1050 ti to an RX 6500 XT but I've been having some strange issues ever since installing the card, that I didn't have before. Things like games losing massive amounts of FPS upon tabbing out and back in, and other general FPS issues. A good example of this is For Honor randomly dropping to nigh unplayable FPS levels (15 fps and below) seemingly at random during intensive scenes (such as maps first loading in), and permanently gimping the FPS until restarting the game, even in menus. I've tried reinstalling my graphics drivers several times, plugging in my previous card and uninstalling those drivers first, and even factory resetting my PC, and nothing will fix these issues. I'm at my wit's end over this, and I'm really hoping that somebody can help me, here.

My parts are as follows:
CPU: AMD-FX 8350 (Eight Core)

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT

EDIT: So, using MSI afterburner told me some things. For some reason, despite starting out stable, after a particularly intensive match that cranks my GPU up a bit, the MHZ absolutely skyrockets, resulting in the FPS drops. I have no idea what the cause of this is... on the main menu, it usually sticks around the 4-600 range, and in a normal non-intensive match of say, Dominion, hardly pushes up past 2000. However, hopping into a more intensive mode like Breach, causes my MHZ to hit the maximum value I set and stay there, even in the main menu. And adjusting the value to be even higher, the MHZ jumps all the way up to the new maximum as well.

RAM: ~32gb DDR3

3 Replies
IndoBlaster
Journeyman III

Hello, 

While I am not having lag issues, I am have very bad heat issues. My junction temp for my GPU (also and RX 6500 XT) is getting upwards of 100C. Is this happening to you to?

0 Likes

No, I haven't had any issues like that. My GPU stays at a fairly stable 40-50 degrees. Sorry.

0 Likes
RayRin03
Journeyman III

hi,

I'm having the same problem with my fps glitch after switching from nvidia 1050 ti to Rx 6500 xt, have you got any solutions?

0 Likes