cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

t_roy
Adept I

rx 6000 Release info

Just wondering what time 17/18 November will we be able to purchase the new GPU's, I'm in the UK

0 Likes
6 Replies

Would be best to ask your preferred retailer as to what time they will open orders.
0 Likes

I buy strait from AMD's site just like with the 5700 xt I know supply is gonna be strained just want my foot in the door with time :p

I tried.

"No information they can release at this time. "

I will actually wait for reviews and wait until the AMD GPU drivers are pretty much confirmed stable like I did before purchasing an RX5700XT for a PC build.
I will not be attempting to purchase on launch day - like I did for the Radeon 7.
The Etailer at the time confirmed my next day deliver order, took my money, GPU didn't turn up.
I had to call them up only to be told they might have the card in a month.
I cancelled the order and took the refund.

Another reason I will definitely wait before putchasing RX6900XT.

From NVIDIA, re: SAM: “The capability for resizable BAR is part of the PCI Express spec. NVIDIA hardware supports this functionality and will enable it on Ampere GPUs through future software updates. We have it working internally and are seeing similar performance results."

AMD has been promoting that it believes in open standards for years.
If it is doing something to lock out competition then it is no better than those it criticised in the past for doing the same thing.

BAR support in the PCIe spec is the "common standard"

We will find out the real situation soon.

Hopefully we will have independent benchmarks and fair comparison for:
RX6900XT v RTX3090 (and maybe RTX3080Ti) with SAM on and an increased power slider limit ("Rage Mode") on both Vendor GPU's. 

Bye.

0 Likes

Honestly I'm gonna trust the drivers this time as the new consoles use the gpu cross my fingers also with the current state of the market im expecting shortages so wanna be first in I mean let's be honest even if you do change your mind it's highly likely someone will buy if off you for the same if not a little more "not promoting scalping" a £30 uplift would be ok in my opinion. 

If you willing to wait the 3080ti is looking interesting it's basically the 3090 with 4 less gb vram ouch to the 3090 buyers.

0 Likes

Sure.
Each to their own.

Good luck with attempting to purchase one anyhow.
I can no longer provide bug reports to AMD as I object to no opt out to data trawl from the new Bug Reporting tool and ability to report on web form is gone and is ignored unless you use the very latest drivers anyhow. In addition - no feedback or Bug reporting case system.

Perhaps if you do get an RX6000 series GPU you can file Driver Bug reports using it if you see any?

Thank you.