cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

shide
Adept I

RX 590

I keep getting a notification (default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure )  I see this problem after my screen goes black , Then acts it trying to find a signal from my monitor ' Or I get a blue screen and then I see the notification .

18 Replies
fujiyama-95
Challenger

The same exact issue as you and the same card, RX 590 here.

I made a post yesterday about this. 

It's the drivers causing this and not the card.

0 Likes
shide
Adept I

Any word on when they going to fix this ?

0 Likes

Did you install the latest driver that was released very recently for support for Red Dead Redemption 2? 

I've been able to play crash free ever since i installed it. 

only game that crashes is CoD Modern Warfare which is a known issue with the game right now. 

So, I believe they definitely fixed the issue. 

Before, I wasn't even able to play a game for over an hour without the black screen crashing happening but, it's been two days gaming crash-free.

0 Likes

Well, I just crashed again! Seems like the problem is not solved or fixed with the latest driver. 

It happens less often I believe but, problem is still there.

0 Likes

I have not tried any of the new drivers , Do to  when i call xfx the maker of my card they told me , all new drivers give the rx 590 problems.

thank you very much for writing this back to me.

did the support tech guy say anything about which driver would be good to use?

it's very sad for me to hear this news because I have CoD Modern Warfare AND Red Dead Redemption which require the latest drivers in order to play.

0 Likes

19.5.1 The driver to use and just keep look at update drivers fixed issues notes for the fix for this problem.

Thank you very much bro!

I appreciate your help in this deeply.

I am hoping AMD actually recognizes our problem and people will stop blaming our cards for the issue because if that was the case, then all of the GPU card reviewers would've have claimed the card was crashing and their reviews would not possible.

Since right now, only the Vega and 5700XT are claimed to have this issue only when in fact we have it as well!

0 Likes

Have you both tried to adjust the Power to 50% in AMD Wattman. That seems to help stabilize the RX 4xx and RX5xx GPU cards from crashing so frequently beside having a more aggressive Fan profile also.

From a previous AMD Thread that shows how to properly configure Wattman for the RX580:

i appreciate your help in this matter. 

I have a quick question for you. 

I have an XFX RX 590 "Fatboy"

The PCI Pin connectors that go into the GPU, the Six-Pin connector plugs in fine, but I cannot manage to get the Six-pin + two-pin connector into the Eight-pin connector slot so I use the eight-pin connector that came included with the card. 

The Eight-pin connector has two six-pin connectors going into it.

So the setup is this, one six pin connector on the left plug, and on the right eight-pin connector plug has the XFX eight-pin connector going into which has two six-pin plugs going into the eight-pin connector.

Increasing the power limit to let's say +10 would be safe to do? 

Sorry if I cannot explain exactly how the setup is but, I am trying my best.

0 Likes

If the XFX came with a Power GPU cable that at one end has a 8 pin connection and the other end has two 6 pins connections it should be fine. That is the same as a 6 Pin to 8 Pin adapter for the GPU Power connection.

I saw a YouTube video showing the unboxing of the RX590. It showed two adapters cables. Both had one connection (6 & 8 pins) to the GPU card but the connection to the PSU each had two connectors instead of one. So if your PSU has two 6 Pin cables or ports you can use the adapter that XFX supplied with the GPU card.

So it should be no problem setting the Power in Wattman to 50% as indicated by Pokester.

0 Likes

ok the six-pin connector can turn into an eight-pin connector but what i found out is the pins do not match the eight-pin shape. 

so i believe this is why the eight-pin into two six-pin connector was included with the card.

I will try your power limit suggestion, as i am already using your fan control settings.

I needed to edit my previous reply after I reread your reply to me.

I have also heard from other Users here at AMD Forum who have the same complaint about the 8 pin GPU Power cables not matching with the proper shaped holes on the GPU card.

It was smart of you to connect it with the supplied GPU Cable from XFX.

0 Likes

thank you very much and i am using your fan control and i have increased the power limit to +10 and it seems like it definitely made a huge difference in terms of FPS. 

If i crash again, i will think about increasing the limit to +50

i would like to also add this to my reply, you're fan control settings have helped amazingly with the GPU temps from reaching 80 degree c, it is a HUGE improvement!

Although I will say this, the XFX RX 590 "Fatboy" in my case is actually designed to be going up to 80 degree c under load, so it's completely normal for this card to be doing this.

So it's hard to believe the temperature would be causing the black screen issue especially when the latest driver did something to issue and made it happen less often than the previous drivers and the issue is well known with other cards right now. 

Maybe i'm thinking about it wrong but, it's the conclusion I am coming up with after experience and reading up on the card's history.

0 Likes
Cackles
Journeyman III

im getting the same issue with mine it Flikers to a black screen as if it loss singal and then comes back with the report bug . So if its the drivers causeing the issue , then AMD needs to do better with drivers for the RX590 , Because i dont have the money to get a new card with the prices of them now , And i dont have a back up PC to use eather , but if i could afford a new card it will not be AMD. I will go back to Nvidia . I had the best resalts with those cards and not driver issues at all . 

0 Likes
vivek101
Adept I

Hi,

You might need to restore the default settings for your graphics card in order to fix this problem, and you should also try operating your computer without any overclocking. Additionally, you might want to make sure that your system is stable and operating cool by installing the most recent version of your graphics card's drivers.

0 Likes