cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pdjones32
Journeyman III

RX 580 not showing up on soft restart

Hi there, I am totally new to the graphics card world. Historically I have only needed integrated graphics. 

I bought an RX 850, installed in PCI 1 and loaded the latest drivers. I disabled the integrated graphics on the mobo (gigabyte Z370 HD3). I have found that 50% of the time I do a restart (soft reboot), the gfx card is not used and I sit there with blank screens. A hard reboot (power cycle) fixes this. 

I am running win 10 2004... any thoughts on this? I am assuming it is a mobo issue, but no idea how to fix... if I can. I am using the absolute latest Bios. 

Many thanks. 

-Paul

2 Replies

First question is you monitor plugged into the GPU or the mother board? It needs to be plugged into the GPU.

Next did you plug in 8 and/or 6 pin power connections to the GPU? It has to be fully hooked up.

Next if all that is fine does the power supply meet the minimum power requirements for the GPU card?

You can try the GPU in another PC and see if the problem follows the card, then you know it is the card.

If you have a spare hard drive you could fresh install Windows 10 to see if it is an issue with Windows 10.

Another thing to try is unplug anything USB except the mouse and keyboard to make sure no other peripheral is causing an issue with the boot.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

Thanks for the tips. The thing that is weird is the GFX card works perfectly after a hard reset. good FPS etc. etc.. it is only the the soft restart that mucks it up. 

I guess I'll try nuking my system, winds, drives and bios and try again. 

0 Likes