Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

EG6
Journeyman III

Reflections Artifacting in The Last of Us and Cyberpunk

Hey everyone!

I am having an issue that doesnt seem to be affecting anybody else out there. After weeks and myriads of searching for people having a similar problem i have decided to try to find help directly.

My rig is : 7800x3d, Asus Rog Strix b650a, DDR5 6000 CL 30 Corsair Dominator Titanium, 1 TB Samsung 990 Pro(OS Drive), 2 TB Samsung 990 Pro, XFX Merc 310 7900 XTX , Corsair   RM1000x

I am having weird artifacts that seem to be caused by reflections. As of now i have only noticed them in Cyberpunk and The Last of Us.

In Cyberpunk a pixelated halo, kind of like a distortion appears around the player, but only on reflective surfaces. You can see this if you look at the ground 2 metres infront of the player. It started happening after the 2.0 update and only if i set the SSR to Ultra, setting it to high or psycho gets rid of it. I play on Native 1440p ultrawide with everything set to Ultra and no RT. Here is an example: https://streamable.com/1lqqal

Now, i would have shrugged it off as an issue with the game itself, if i hadnt noticed a similar issue just the other day in the Last of Us. When beeing outside a buidling, anything that gets struck by sun light displays a weird transparent pixelated grid and in some of those scenes it would also appear around Joel. Kind of like a blurry transparent hitbox of some sort. I thought it was a bug introduced with the new version 1.1.3 but downgrading didnt fix it, nor did changing graphic settings or compiling shaders again. Example: https://streamable.com/3tp5fl

What worries me is that i first noticed this behaviour in Cyberpunk around december, which was the same time i started having random shutdowns on my old rig with a 5600x, and the fact that nobody else on the internet seems to have this issue. Changing to a new Mobo and CPU fixed the shutdown issue but this weird behaviour when it comes to Reflections persisted. Could it be that the shutdowns could have somehow caused a defect on the GPU?

Did multiple fresh installs of windows, ran windows without anything running in the background, installed older drivers, deleted cache, ran on different hard drives, uninstalled and reinstalled the games to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated as i am out of solutions and starting to worry that something might be wrong with my GPU.

0 Likes
0 Replies