cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

veinama
Journeyman III

Random BSOD on idle

So hey, after putting my system together I have encountered 2 BSOD, both happened when I left my pc on idle for around 5minutes max, for example today's morning I booted my pc up, went to the bathroom, cam back and it BSOD on my eyes (yes it booted to desktop and was on it for like 2minutes), got no idea what could be causing it.

Got all of my drivers updated, including bios,gpu, all of the motherboard drivers. After that BSOD I have decided to uninstall AMD Chipset drivers that I got from the motherboard manufacturer site and installed them from official AMD site. Turned off my pc, let it cool off for like 5 minutes and then booted and left it on idle for 20minutes, so far nothing bad has happened.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

MB: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

RAM: F4-3600C19D-16GVRB
GPU: GTX 1060

550W PSU from Seasonic

0 Likes
5 Replies

Check for a BIOS update, that should help with the BSOD headaches

B550 would be a better choice for the R5 3600 to better leverage its abilities

0 Likes

I mean I have stated in the main post that I have bios updated, and I can't really afford to swap parts rn

0 Likes

veinama wrote:

I mean I have stated in the main post that I have bios updated, and I can't really afford to swap parts rn

that is most unfortunate

0 Likes

See if by changing this BIOS Setting which can cause BSOD while on idle for 3rd generation processor:

Check your BIOS for a “Power Supply Idle Control” option. If you don’t have it, but have a “C6” option instead, update your BIOS. Once you have the “Power Supply Idle Control” option, change it to “Typical”.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

See if by changing this BIOS Setting which can cause BSOD while on idle for 3rd generation processor:

Check your BIOS for a “Power Supply Idle Control” option. If you don’t have it, but have a “C6” option instead, update your BIOS. Once you have the “Power Supply Idle Control” option, change it to “Typical”.

Most PSU units do not have idle control so by default it is usually disabled.

0 Likes