cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Foenixe
Journeyman III

Radeon 5700 XT Random restart

So I just built a new PC with the GPU MSI Radeon RX 5700 8GB, and I'm getting random system restarts and rarely the screen will go green and make a buzzing noise and also restart. I've installed all the latest drivers and newest version of windows, I've read other posts about installing older drivers and none of them work. Please help if anyone knows a fix.

My PC specs:

Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16GB

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

Hey there. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues.

You can try this solution with the current recommended driver version: [crash fix] RX 5700 XT 
This worked very well for my own brand new RX 5700 XT, which had crashing issues.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Thanks for replying,

Unfortunately I did everything in that thread and crashed again after about 2 minutes.

0 Likes
gilban
Adept II

Welcome. Are purchased memory (HyperX) on the compatibility list for your motherboard on the MSI website? If not, they may interfere with the CPU or motherboard.

0 Likes

@Foenixe what message(s) do you see under Windows Reliability Monitor?

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

@gilban Yes the ram sticks are compatible with the motherboard

@RPX100 I have a screenshot, but the message don't always show up when it crashes.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

@Foenixe 

the main issue is that people using DDU . DDU is not for AMD. 

this video might help you 

https://youtu.be/nHd0065duKE

0 Likes

When I use DDU none of the AMD drivers are listed in Device Manager > Display adapters.

But I also followed that video and crashed again.

0 Likes
viakgroup
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT-TUF GAMING OC-8 Go...random crashes, but only about once a month, so the settings in radeon must be adjusted.

0 Likes
NikoKlb
Journeyman III

Hello, I have the same problem. Recently, this problem has occurred in the browser, discord, and even in the case of live broadcasting + game + browser.

0 Likes