General Discussions

tavboo
Journeyman III

R3 3200G | Screen blacks out while I'm playing

First, this is my setup:

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE A520M DS3H
  • Processor: AMD R3 3200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
  • Storage: 500GB Adata Swordfish NVMe m.2
  • RAM: 2x8 HyperX DDR4 @2666 (working at Dual Channel)
  • PSU: Corsair 600W
  • Display: Vorago F400 23.8" 60Hz

I’ve recently got this, and the original idea was to use it for work but less than a month later came to my head the idea of installing some old games, Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 and Ace Combat Assault Horizon. With the first one everything went great, when I started to play Ace Combat my screen went black, then I saw a "NO SIGNAL" on it, but my PC was still running and none of the power buttons responded at this point, the only way I could restart it was with the IO button on the Power Source Unit.

I stopped playing games for a while then a friend asked me if he could play LoL on my PC, I decided to try anyways, everything went perfect for the game, even if we couldn’t see them, the fps counter was on 254+- with HIGH graphics but after about 30 min the story went exactly the same.

A few weeks later I installed Radeon Software to limit my fps at 60 to match my monitor and maybe don’t push the PC to its very limits, but it didn’t work.

My first thoughts were Screen Drivers, even the GPU drivers, installed windows a few times, updated everything, even with external programs like “driver booster” but anything worked (I do tests on every scenario).

Then someone suggested checking my BIOS, it was outdated, the MoBo came with the very first version of it and just updated it to the newest but I’m still having the same problems.

I want to know what else I could do.

Maybe anyone expects it to run games at 320fps, I mean I still have a 60Hz Monitor, that’s all I expect at this point.

I think the “normal thing” it’s that it starts getting slower if the PC it’s not enough for the game, run at VERY LOW frame rates, but that kind of crashes seems too much for me.

*I’ve never seen it get at 65°C or more, even while playing.

**When the crash happens, I never have audio, just RGB and fans still working. 

***When I start any game I always close every other programs, eventhe ones that i dont use like One Drive or Spotify.

I've been told that if I install a dedicated GPU everything will be solved, and that’s obvious, but I think that’s not the point. I’ve seen this Processor running CG-GO, Valorant, and some others even at 100+- fps with the same setup as mine so I still think it could be something that I’m missing.

Thank You!

0 Likes
4 Replies
linkz0rz
Adept I

Try a different monitor, it could be your monitor has trouble establishing handshake with the gpu when it switches to 3D mode. If you have a HDTV, plug it into that to see if games show up

0 Likes

already did, but if that was the case, i would keep listening something right?, most times i use wireless headphones.

0 Likes
Pham3
Journeyman III

Thanks for the link, keep sharing this type of info.

0 Likes
elitepage
Journeyman III

Yeah latest bios F50
PSU is 750w Vector Xigmatic
Well I don't what was the problem but tried multiple HDMI cable and booom it's working now
even the cable before was working 100% just hours before.

Panorama charter

0 Likes