cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

BirdTech
Adept II

"we has authorized RMA more than one on a goodwill note." - Being jerked around by RMA support?

Backstory - I'm fighting the WHEA 18 crash beast that's plaguing the 5000 series of CPUs right now. Have been since February. I've RMA'd the CPU 3 times, RMA'd my motherboard, and swapped RAM with a friend. Nothing fixes it. It just loves to crash at idle while at stock standard settings. None of the tricks and bios suggestions people have posted help either. Trust me. I've tried so many things.

But what gets me is that I cannot for the life of me get any support from AMD on this. I constantly get broken english replies that refuse to address the situation. Why, for instance, is the service rep telling me to try different motherboards without acknowledging the fact that I've already done 3 returns on the processor? Surely, if there was a problem with a different part in my system then AMD would have seen that when I returned the CPU and they tested it. But they tested three of them and each time they gave me a replacement. Not to mention that at this point in the conversation chains, I have mentioned twice that I replaced the motherboard.

When I tried to press them on that, I received this in reply.

"Please to be informed that RMA warranty claim is done only once for individual product but we has authorized RMA more than one on a goodwill note." - I'm sorry, I didn't know that apparently when you're given a replacement direct from AMD's warehouse it no longer is covered under their 3 year warranty! How kind of them to do two more RMAs without informing me of their kindness in letting that slide. The saints they are.

At this point I want a refund. There are so many WHEA threads on the Processor section of these forums, with new ones every day. I want off this burning ship.

0 Likes
2 Replies

In case you didn't read AMD 3 year Processor In A BOX Warranty: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03Screenshot 2021-09-21 175910.png

I guess the reason why AMD doesn't refund is because AMD did send you a replacement processor three times.

Just guessing though.

0 Likes

I'm aware they state they refund if they're unable to replace the CPU. I'm asking for a refund since they can't seem to provide me with a working product. 3 CPUs, 4 WHEA-18 errors. I've replaced every part in the system. Either the ASEGA implementation MSI has done for my motherboard is broken somehow, or I'm the unluckiest person when it comes to the silicon lottery.