Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Flip6176
Journeyman III

Please Help..Just need some insight- 7900x 7900xtx Red Devil

Hello All!

First, I am a pretty basic user, editing, and gaming. 

I built a pc and everything has been great until recently. I have started experiencing massive frame drops and stuttering.

Here are the specs..

Asus Tuf Gaming B650-Plus WIFI, CPU 7900x, Graphics 7900xtx Red Devil, 32GB DDR5 Ram, 1200w PSU.

I made sure all drivers up to date, Bios Updated, uninstalled reinstalled game. 

An example would be the game Ready Or Not, I would get about 170-190 and now itll dip to 60-85 with lows down to 35. I am not sure what happened. It even struggled to get and keep 120 on Street Fighter 6. Also Max Setting 1440p 165hz display. I do have 2 monitors. one is 1080 at 144. I game on the 1440.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great. 

Also if anyone wants to let me know the best way to optimize the system that would be cool to. I may not "know" a whole lot but im always open to learning.

Thanks all!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Did this recent change occur after any type of update such as Windows Update or driver update?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Do not let Windows update your GPU drivers, it will simply destroy them.  

If this is the case, GPU drivers updated through Windows.  I would recommend you to do a quick search to find the best way to stop Windows from searching for gpu drivers.  It depends on the version of Windows your running and I'm not certain if you even have that opportunity in the HOME version.  I have always run the Professional version. 

I used to have this problem a lot and had to reinstall the chipset drivers as well as the gpu drivers.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes