cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sheriff4444
Adept I

PC crash playing game (Dota 2)

Hello. I have been dealing with serious, persisting PC crashes and screen freezes (with strong buzzing sounds and consequently, total PC crashes). I am currently using the latest AMD driver (19.12.2 with Adrenalin) The components of my PC are as follow:

(All components are brand new and less than a month old)

- ASUS PRIME A329M-K motherboard
- AMD RYZEN 5 2600 processor
- ASrock RADEON RX 580 8GB graphics card
- 16BG RAM Vulcan
- LNZ ZX SERIES 750W power supply

This happens whenever I play one game, and one game only: Dota 2. This does not occur with other games. Since the problem seems to be persisting, I have tried the following:

- Unistalling/Reinstalling the latest drivers for AMD and the game itself from Steam platform
- Removing the graphics card from the PCI slot to check for hardware issues (no apparent issues)
- Playing dota 2 with default graphics card settings (no undervolting/underclocking/fan curving)
- Playing Dota 2 after undervolting/underclocking with radeon settings (Adrenalin)
- PLaying dota 2 with different resolutions and APIs (Directx 11/Vulcan/OpenGL)
- Updating BIOS (currently using the latest version)
- Performing an OCCT Stress test on my power supply (no apparent conflicts)

After failing to resolve the issue, I no longer know what else to do. I will appreciate any assistance or guidance with this particular problem. Thanks in advance for the support.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Try installing a previous AMD Driver to see if it is the driver is at fault or the game itself from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

Just to note, Many Users are opening threads at AMD concerning the RX580 crashing a lot. But for them it isn't just one game though.

Have you tried to move the Power Level to 50% in AMD Wattman?  Some Users says it stabilizes the GPU card from crashing. Other says it doesn't. Also configure a more aggressive Fan curve in Wattman to keep the GPU card cooler under heavier loads.

Also open a AMD Support Ticket to see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Also see if DOTA 2 Forums have other Users with a similar issue. Could be a game bug or see if the game has any new patches to it.

Hey man! Thanks for the reply. I am aware the 580 is crashing for many users. I have tried powering the level to 50% with no positive results ( Ino longer have wattman tho, but Adrenalin) and I have also configured a more agressive fan curve to avoid high temperatures (up to a point) In addition to that, I have already sent an email to AMD asking for support. What I haven't tried so far is to install a former driver which, to my knowledge, was not a possibility.I will also try  to contact Valve to see if it's something they can solve since I strongly believe the issue is a combination of AMD drivers, the graphic card itself and the game. 
Once again, tranks for taking the time and replying :3

I play DOTA 2 and the game works on my box. I have an RX 480 which is the same card as the RX 580. The game is OK with 19.12.2 but I do not use the full driver package. I use only the INF files to minimize flakey components.

Use DDU to clean up, the install the INF files namually from 

\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF

there are two INF files install them both, right click on the INF and select install

0 Likes
markybean
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, Rx580, 

It happened when I upgraded radeon to 19.12 which is the new logo.

After launching dota 2, the radeon beeps, then freezes the game. 

0 Likes

I'm currently working on the issue. As soon as I learn anything, I'll let you know. Don't worry. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

I solved my issue by downgrading the driver version 19.9.2 which has the old logo.

0 Likes