cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

larkwhi
Journeyman III

Order cancellation standards

I received this unhappy bit of news this morning -  "Please note that your order below from the AMD.com Online Store has been cancelled."

Your Order Information:
Order ID: 105796495513
Order Date: August 12, 2021

This was allegedly due to multiple orders. I made only one order during the 8/12 queue event. I did try and order other products, first a 6800XT, then a 6800, then a 6900XT, but they were all out of stock. Finally settled for a 6700XT, which now I'm not going to receive. I hope this isn't the cause of the cancellation.

The only other reason I can think of is that I did buy a 6700xt from AMD direct a while back, at least a month ago. Hopefully you aren't kicking back every order from someone who's purchased even one card. It's not like I'm running a business or something. I just have two computers. I never did get the card I want. Guess I don't have to bother trying.

AMD got my money for this generation, and going forward as well. No need to put up with this when nVidia owns 90+ percent of the market. Don't see you gaining market share this way. The underdog really shouldn't turn away customers.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Depending on the GPU models AMD Store is selling they can, at their discretion,  put a limitation of one per PERSON or HOUSEHOLD depending on supplies and demand.

Since you already purchased one of the GPUs that seems to be on the one per person/household that means AMD Store will cancel any other orders from your address or from you specifically if you try to purchase one of the GPUs on the limitation list.

You can reorder again if AMD Store lifts the limitations on how many a Customer can purchase for specific GPUs or Processors in the future.

I don't know how long a Customer will be on the list if they purchased one of the GPUs on the limitation list. I imagine when AMD Store lifts the limitation limits then you will be able to make multiple orders again.

This is to prevent robots/Scalpers from buying all the GPUs and not leaving any for other Customers.

EDIT: From AMD STORE FAQ: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-07-14 172859.png