cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Candergart
Adept I

Newly joined members are getting a truly horrendous experience from this forum.

Dear AMD.

I joined this community yesterday, Including date, September 25th, incase I am unable to post this message right away.

My first experience was to get blocked for 10 minutes.
This was BEFORE even being able to post my SINGLE FIRST MESSAGE.

The message I wrote had absolutely no html code in it but still it was flagged as having invalid HTML code.
I edited the message and tried again and it still complained about invalid html, then again and... then blocked.

So after waiting 10 minutes for 3 more times, I managed to post my very first message.

This morning my post got a response which I tried to respond to.
Before I could even post I was blocked for 21600 seconds, which is 6 hours, I still have only made one successful post, yesterday.

Do you know what's sad?
Originally I came here to report issues on the Adrenalin Software.
But had to invest time in reporting that we can't use this forum.

Can you imagine,it is now 19 hours since I first tried to post this specific post.
I am still trying to post it and failing.

AMD!
I am sorry to have to tell you this but this forum, in it's current state, is in any real sense of the meaning, completely unusable.
A reply from you like we will look in to this, simply will not cut it.
Do you think this makes me want to buy more AMD products?
This will be my last post I ever try in your forums.
You really have to fix this!

Suggestions.
A message that has not been posted should not be counted towards post flooding.
Allowing dashes and quotes should be allowed.
Do you really think it is ok to limit the users to 1 message per hour? 

Best Regards
Me

PS. I had to make a second account just to post this...

13 Replies
mossond
Journeyman III

I do not have sufficient privilege's to see the "how to install laptop graphic drivers".. You guys made me sign up to see it, then i still cant see it. lol

0 Likes

That's a old reply that is no longer available. If you want to post a question, try again but include the specs of your computer/laptop.

Ignore the message about HTML and click post again.

0 Likes

Ignoring the message about HTML and click post again is what gets you blocked so that is in my opinion really bad advice.

Anything other than a fix of the forums will simply not be good enough.

0 Likes

It is unfortunate that you are having difficulties with the forum. As a volunteer moderator I do not have the authority or the ability to change things other than tagging the people that I believe can help. @Amber_AMD @Wally_AMD @Sam_AMD 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

So your issue know that you 'learned' how to post is what? What are your system specs and what issue 'besides not being able to post" (like now).

As I wrote in the first post of this thread, I already made another thread that contains all the details.

This thread is about "Not being able to post" as newcomers experience several times every day.
This thready is also about the limit of 2 (attempted) posts per 600 seconds and/or 6 (attempted) posts per 27600 seconds (6 hours) that both are limiting the usefulness of this forum quite a lot.
This thread is honest feedback and not an invitation to argue about it or have a discussion.

I totally understand that you as volunteer moderators do not have the required access or power to make these changes that I am talking about.

I appreciate cpurpe91's response very much.
/Me

I've been trying to post for 2 weeks now and all my posts & replies are not visible after posting them. there's no way to contact any administrators about it. what's funny is once I try to post a reply it shows as posted and it's gone after the page is refreshed but I'm receiving notifications from the topic I tried to reply on.

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Candergart , 

My name is Amber and I'm a community manager here at AMD. 

I am sorry to hear that this was your experience, but I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out. I'll be taking this information to the team to see what we can do to prevent this from happening to others. 

For context, could you share what browser you are using and what the user name of your other account was? 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'm happy to help. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Hello Amber.
Regarding the browsers, the ones used are Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

My other account is https://community.amd.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/333089

Best Regards
Me

Hi @Candergart , 

Appreciate the quick response! These details will help us look further into this. 

One last question, did you experience the same roadblocks (excluding HTML issues) with this account as well? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

Yes I did.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey @Candergart , 

I worked with my manager @Sam_AMD to make sure both of your accounts will bypass the flood control tool. This should prevent any issues with future posts. 

If you have any other issues, please feel free to reach out to us at community.moderator@amd.com and we'll respond to you as fast as we can. 

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Thank you for fixing this for my accounts.
I also thank you for the time you all put in to this thread.

However, this will not fix this issue for other users, right?
If this was only about me and nobody else, then I would not even have written a thread about the issue.

A lot of users will just give up and ignore this forum and never come back if they get faced with an issue like this.

I was hoping that this could be permanently fixed and improved for everyone.
Maybe that would lead to more activity and better feedback in the forums?

Best Regards
Charlie 

0 Likes