cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

edd_barena
Journeyman III

Need help - update bios ryzen 3000

MOBO: GA-AX370-GAMING (V1.0) my current bios version is F31. In a few days we will get to my Ryzen 5 3600 processor. For this reason, I went to the website of the manufacturer of my motherboard and downloaded the bios for Ryzen 3000. The files I downloaded were F40, F41, F42d, F50a (in that order ) (to install in that order). BUT the problem happened when I installed the Bios F40. The installation was successful, however when you logged into windows you did it correctly, my icons, wallpaper all OK, about 20 seconds passed and the blue screen appeared indicating error ... ERROR CODE: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. and the error constantly appeared. BUT when returning to the bios version F31 the problem no longer exists. what should i do ?? wait for my ryzen 5 3600 to just update ?? is the new bios not compatible with my ryzen 5 1400 ?? and is only compatible with ryzen 3000 ?? note: my MOBO chipset has the latest update (amd sofwtare).

4 Replies

You should not need to install all the bios in order. Only the latest one. I would wait until the new processor comes then load the most recent bios, shut down and install the cpu. 

I can't speak to what your motherboards newer bios are compatible with. There should be a compatibility chart.

I can tell you that yes, many board makers dropped some 1st gen ryzen support when they added ryzen 3000 support.

If you want to be sure on what you should do, by all means speak to the support department of the company that made your motherboard. 

0 Likes

I found the Gigabyte list but the way they list it is not optimal. No way to know if they removed support. Only lists supported since.  Best to contact their support if you need to know. You should be fine though to just load the latest bios and put the new processor in. 

GA-AX370-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

0 Likes

thanks for your answer, I sent an email to Gigabyte, saying the same thing, they answered this: 

Dear. We told him that the first generation Ryzen are compatible in all versions of Bios so you should have no problems, we recommend that you check if the same happens with your new processor to rule out operation. If the same happens, we recommend making the guarantee valid so that your product is reviewed by the technicians. Greetings GIGABYTE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL !!! , is seriously ?? 

if my motherboard was damaged it would not work with any other bios version don't you think ?, the problem is only when updating it. this is all strange.

0 Likes

Yes that is odd. Have you tried the bios on back the most recent?

0 Likes