cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Chriss42
Journeyman III

Need help fixing my AMD Radeon r5 laptop

So, I got this laptop from a friend a few months ago, I did a factory reset where it removed everything on it, before I reset it, it was very slow. After the reset, it was still running slow, im not very good with tech and like gpu's, ram and all that. any reason it could be running so poorly? my specs are 

Processor AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

System Model Aspire E5-523

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

If anyone knows a good way to speed it up without spending a fortune, you would be a life saver!

0 Likes
2 Replies

@Chriss42 wrote:

So, I got this laptop from a friend a few months ago, I did a factory reset where it removed everything on it, before I reset it, it was very slow. After the reset, it was still running slow, im not very good with tech and like gpu's, ram and all that. any reason it could be running so poorly? my specs are 

Processor AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 2900 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

System Model Aspire E5-523

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

If anyone knows a good way to speed it up without spending a fortune, you would be a life saver!

Here is where you select the correct driver for your laptop: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Screenshot_11.png

With laptop APU's you only install one update driver. That updates both graphics cards..internal and discrete.

0 Likes
godofevil229
Adept I

You wrote it is slow. Slow for what ? What did you tried to do with it. Gaming ?? Or is it slow for just some normal surfing ? 

Did you tried going to windows update and saw any issue regarding updated listed ?

0 Likes