cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Azureskies
Adept II

My (limited) testing with AFMF and emulators.

I have found that you can in fact use AFMF with emulators such as Duckstation and Pcsx2.

First step is to make sure you select the executable that will launch the emulator within AMDs drivers so you can toggle AFMF in the options menu there. The second thing you need to do is make sure that the emulator is using the DX11 renderer in their respective graphics options. Lastly double click or use whatever hotkey it is to set the game to full screen, without it being full screen it will not work (or so I've found). I'll test more emulators when I have time but for at least those 2 I know AFMF works.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Azureskies
Adept II

A little more testing I've done as I don't spend a ton of time on emulators but I have found that AFMF seems to be working in OpenGL with PCSX2 so you can get your compatibility from using OpenGL and some benefits that AFMF provides.

As stated above you need to put PCSX2 in your AMD games list through the drivers, plus I have "Optimizations for windowed games" enabled on in windows. You have to double click the emulator while running the game to make it run in full screen (even though it is still borderless windowed) or use your hotkey to make that happen. Once you do those two things and have AFMF enabled through the drivers it should automatically be working, if it isn't you can always use your hotkey within AMD's drivers to enable AFMF.

I have tested AFMF running through OpenGL in only two games so far (Jak II and FFX), however both seem to work. That said Jak II really doesn't feel good while playing when AFMF is on so I turned it off. FFX running OpenGL seems to work fine however.

No idea how it is working but it seems to as keeping the AMD overlay on states I'm running at 120 FPS with Frame Gen Lag being correctly reported.

Edit: Duckstation running OpenGL does NOT seem to work the same way. Just tried to run Parasite Eve in OGL and AFMF will not enable. It gives the normal "Must be running DX11 or DX12" message. No idea why PCSX2 works and DS doesn't.

Version of PCSX2 used: v2.0.3

0 Likes