cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sur6e
Elite

Monitor repeatedly going in standby on Windows lockscreen

I recently upgraded to a AORUS 5700XT and since then when I lock Windows and let the computer sit on the lock screen the monitor starts going in and out of standby over and over. 

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes
4 Replies
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Check Windows power options for screen timeout or sleep settings. Check your monitor's OSD to see if it has a sleep timer and turn it off.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

Monitor had it off, Windows had it at 15 minutes, but the issue is that it's going in and out.

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
0 Likes

I'd try setting the Windows power setting to not turn off the display and see if it stops doing that. If you have the Gigabyte Aurous software installed, remove it. It causes issues. Any RGB isn't worth the aggravation and the Adrenaline driver is capable of setting the OC correctly by reading the card's BIOS or manually if you set it yourself. Personal experience I've found the Aurous tool problematic. Otherwise, drop a trouble ticket in with Gigabyte. Maybe they have a better answer.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

@sur6e wrote:

I recently upgraded to a AORUS 5700XT and since then when I lock Windows and let the computer sit on the lock screen the monitor starts going in and out of standby over and over. 

You can see if this possibly helps:

Use Windows “Power Plan troubleshooter” to Fix Power Plan setting not working problem

Power troubleshooter is built-in app of Windows 10 OS which lets you determine how much time would you want to wait before turning off the monitor. To fix the issue with power settings, just follow these steps:

1. Press Windows+X together to open up the menu.
  2. Choose ‘Control panel’ from there.
  3. Search ‘troubleshooting’ option there.
  4. Open troubleshooting and from the search box, find “power troubleshooter”.
  5. Run it to solve the problem.

Change, Create or Delete Windows Power Plan Setting to Solve Sleep Mode Issue

Using power options of Windows control panel, it is very much possible to create a new custom power plan for your own PC. A user can easily modify the existing power plan anytime. Let me assist you to create a new power plan and modify the existing one.

1. Navigate to control panel >> hardware and sound >> power options.
  2. From the left side menu of power options window, select “Create a power plan” option.
  3. You need to select an existing power plan that the PC already have.
  4. Give the power plan a new name.
  5. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
  6. Set the display turn of time as you require.
  7. Press ‘Create’ button to start a new windows 10 power plan.

Now, restart your PC with the newly created power plan and hope there will be no problem any more regarding windows 10 power options issue. Thus you can fix the Windows update error “power plan settings not working problem” in any Windows 10 PC or Laptop.

---------------------

Also see if the monitor has either a firmware or driver update on the manufacturers site. They often correct sleep issues if that is where the problem is. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes