cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

CertifiedLoserr
Journeyman III

Monitor Only Get a Signal After Turning Off My PC and Turning it Back On Again

After turning on my PC the monitor says 'No Signal' but when I turn off the PC and turn it back on again the Monitor finds the signal. It does this consistently, It never works first try on start up.

Monitor is a (NEW) Sceptre 24" Curved 75Hz Gaming LED Monitor Full HD 1080P HDMI

I am running a:

Ryzen RX 480 8GB GPU

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz

My HDMI Cable is working fine, I tested it on different Monitors on my Xbox, works fine.
I have the most current AMD drivers installed.

Additionally When I 'Restart' my PC from the start menu, after getting the Restarting Loading Menu, the screen just goes black and stays like that.

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Try updating your video card drivers first.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I have the most current drivers for my video card right now and its still the same thing

0 Likes

Do you have the recommended or optional drivers? Because by default I think the software only looks for recommended ones so you have to select to enable optional ones. If you have the recommended ones try opting in for optionals to see if that resolves the issue or if you have the optionals try latest recommended driver instead since optional ones often can have some issues (that's why they're optional).

Also, it is possible your monitor is looking for a wrong type of connection if it has different ports, try checking the settings on the monitor itself. I am assuming you tried turning the monitor off and on (not the PC, the monitor) when this happens and that didn't work? Some time ago it started happening for me where my second monitor doesn't find signal after booting up my PC but turning the monitor itself off/on again fixes it for me.

0 Likes