cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

fjonkan
Journeyman III

Low fps in Warzone 2 and GTA V on a 7900 XTX

I've played on this system for about a month. When playing games like hogwarts legacy I have 100% GPU utilisation but playing gta v I have 60-90%. The fps can go from 190 fps down to 90 and the 1% low can go from 100ish down to 5 fps. The same thing goes for Warzone 2. In gta v fps drops are not as often and not as noticeable but Warzone 2 is almost unplayable. The 1% lows in Warzone 2 are around 20 fps for the most part. But when I got my pc one month ago the fps was around 150 fps with zero fps drops. 

My bios is the oldest version but I've been told not to update it by people. But also read that it could play a role in the low fps.

I play at 1440p and in both games have most settings to max.

Specs:

MSI MPG B650 EDGE

R7 7700X 

7900 XTX Red devil

Corsair Vengeance 2x16gb 6000 CL30 EXPO

Skärmbild 2023-08-24 213111.pngSkärmbild 2023-08-24 213124.pngSkärmbild 2023-08-24 213135.pngSkärmbild 2023-08-24 213145.pngSkärmbild 2023-08-24 213050.png

10 Replies
knepich
Adept II

have the same issue with low fps.

Mw2 benchmark 212fps average, while people with lower specs have 300+ 1440p max settings..

7900xtx 

13900ks

4400mhz cl17 32gb ram

1000w psu

Really anoying thing but f you find a solution to the problem you can glady post one here.

Hey habe das gleiche Problem was mir aufgefallen ist seit dem ich den neuen Treiber drauf habe bekomme ich in warzone nur 160 fps mit der Karte habe einen 7900x3d und 6000mhrz ddr5 RAM , also bei der 6900xt war es auch immer ein Problem ich weis nicht warum ich mir wieder eine amd Karte gekauft habe es fängt wieder an mit amd die könne Grafikkarten einfach nicht 

Translation:  

Hey, I have the same problem that I've noticed since I installed the new driver, I only get 160 fps in Warzone with the card I have a 7900x3d and 6000mhrz DDR5 RAM, so with the 6900xt it was always a problem too, I don't know why I bought another AMD card and it's starting again with AMD graphics cards just can't do it
As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

Bummer. (my 7900xtx has been terrific since i bought it launch day on MW2/Warzone2, except when activision dropped the one update that basically broke the game, but they patched that)

1440p, with way higher than "competitive" settings. I just did this benchmark while watching twitch

EDIT- i just put the card on water a week or so ago, but, it was basically the same on air. I can just play longer with better temps, during the summer when its over 100f here for weeks at a time. 

OnWater.jpg 

knepich
Adept II

Ive found out that my issue in warzone with low fps was due to fps not set to unlimited it was set to custom 300fps but setting it to unlimited and also setting shadow quality to low and restart the game, gave me 100 more fps

Setting fps even at 300 limited, will still destroy your 1 and .1 percent lows. It really should not have dicked with your over all fps much though.  And ya, why you would want the shadows DARKER in warzone, is beyond me. Set that to low.  Those settings are for the campaign.  For me, no, i dont want the shadows darker (cant see anyone as it is). And im more concerned with the 1 and .1 percent lows, than overall. Just me.

GG and have fun. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I would first start with the motherboard BIOS update, as that has fixed things for me in the past, including performance of the video card.  I would also try to borrow a good gaming monitor from a friend (rated at 160 Hz or higher) to see if it might be your monitor that is causing the problem.  Also make sure you are using a good display port cable, not HDMI.  And it goes without saying, but update your graphics drivers to the latest version and carefully check the settings to make sure you are not limiting the framerate somehow.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Habe nur noch Probleme mit der Mist Karte bei warzone nur am stottern bei Jedi Star Wars fps Drops echt ich hoffe es kauft niemand mehr dieses schlechten Karten einfach nur Müll 1000 Euro lieber im Puff aus geben 

0 Likes
Minsup54
Adept II

For some reason, WZ works really well with the X3D chips. When I first got my 7900 XTX, I was a little disappointed in the FPS with my 5900x. I switched to a 5800 x3D and my FPS were off the charts.

0 Likes