Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

RxRad_Fan
Adept I

Latest Radeon Drivers ONLY install for Windows 7

Hello everyone,

DISCLAIMER: Upgrading OS from Windows 7 is NOT an option.

Like many of you, some of the Radeon cards other years has been very impressive on what it has to offer, especially with my purchase of two RX 580s. Newer games and especially software tends to perform better with updated drivers (for the most part!).

I understand the recent policy changes with Adrenalin being no longer supported for "Legacy" operating systems, however I am very content with an older version and it has been frequently advised to have a hybrid (i.e. older Adrenalin with latest Driver Only installed via Device Manager). This has worked for the most part.

If you try installing latest software with Drivers made for Windows 10, it'll refuse (of course).

But I am not wanting the software but ONLY the drivers, which should be possible through device manager HOWEVER it is still refusing to install. This does not make sense to me as I am not requiring the software (Radeon or Adrenalin) that is tied to Win10/11 but only the drivers itself which is still architecturally the same.

My current system is now starting to have problems as my current hybrid driver install is unstable for many other things that is coming to fruition. And I would really love to gain better FPS performance for games.

May I ask, is there ANY way to make this work by any chance?

Sorry for the length but I am wanting there to be  a clear understanding and I sincerely hope a solution can be made...I look forward hearing back from you all!  

0 Likes
5 Replies
RxRad_Fan
Adept I

@RxRad_Fan wrote:

Hello everyone,

DISCLAIMER: Upgrading OS from Windows 7 is NOT an option.

Like many of you, some of the Radeon cards other years has been very impressive on what it has to offer, especially with my purchase of two RX 580s. Newer games and especially software tends to perform better with updated drivers (for the most part!).

I understand the recent policy changes with Adrenalin being no longer supported for "Legacy" operating systems, however I am very content with an older version and it has been frequently advised to have a hybrid (i.e. older Adrenalin with latest Driver Only installed via Device Manager). This has worked for the most part.

If you try installing latest software with Drivers made for Windows 10, it'll refuse (of course).

But I am not wanting the software but ONLY the drivers, which should be possible through device manager HOWEVER it is still refusing to install. This does not make sense to me as I am not requiring the software (Radeon or Adrenalin) that is tied to Win10/11 but only the drivers itself which is still architecturally the same.

My current system is now starting to have problems as my current hybrid driver install is unstable for many other things that is coming to fruition. And I would really love to gain better FPS performance for games.

May I ask, is there ANY way to make this work by any chance?

Sorry for the length but I am wanting there to be  a clear understanding and I sincerely hope a solution can be made...I look forward hearing back from you all!  

Anyone at all may I ask?

0 Likes

You might want to try asking at guru3d forums, there are a few driver/software modders over there.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

So sorry for my late reply but thanks ever so much for the response!

I appreciate your advice but isn't there any sort of "Official" solution to this? I don't feel it's right for people to go outside when it could be done internally here. 

I have been through guru3d forums awhile ago and the closest was the AMERNIME ZONE AMD 3RD PARTY DRIVERS aka "NimeZ" drivers and whilst it is good that it provides support for much older cards to work on modern systems (and with better performance too!) it is still locked or based on code written to install itself on Windows 10 operating systems.

Surely there has to be a way...right?? 

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

That depends on what your calling "older" cards.

The best solution is already water under the bridge in your case.  For future references get you a mechanical HDD, 4TB preferably minimum.  Partition it into 1TB partitions and label each partition for the device drivers you wish to save there.  I download and have saved drivers for many years.  Although, the GPU drivers have after a HDD crash, only go back to the R7 350 and 370 the oldest is 17.11.2.  I still have Net Framework 1.1.  When it comes to drivers I once had a driver database that went back to MSDOS days.  I think I have some bluetooth drivers for windows 7 in a folder.  Keep in mind that Windows 7 is not a good bluetooth OS.  Also if you are wanting to keep up with PCIe 4.0 you might want to consider Windows 10 minimum.  Windows 7 had many, many problems as technology left it behind.  Kind of like what happened to XP, which in my opinion was the best OS Microsoft ever had.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

According to Microsoft itself, the driver may not install at all if the target OS is Windows 10 minimum. 

_20230628_032147.JPG

The Englishman
0 Likes