cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

NoShock77
Adept I

Issue with X670E and 7800X3D

I tried going from BIOS F13 tonight to F20a. PC works fine but my Debug LED cycled through a few codes after it booted. D8 or 08 not sure, 0E I think was one and maybe one other. No issues at all with F13 so I’m wondering why with F20a I’m having my Q code display show codes now. I rolled back to F13 and I get AA like before on my debug led. Also if I install the igpu drivers on either bios I get a q code of 76 after I’m loaded into windows. Once I uninstall them the code goes away.

Pc boots fine and works fine, device manager shows the IGPU has no issues and just for ****s and giggles I tried using my igpu to play some games and everything works fine. Any idea of what is going on? I have another x670e master on the way but I don’t think my board is defective. RAM was stress tested with Aida64 and memtest and no errors at cl30 6000 either. Zero crashes in games and literally my pc runs flawlessly.

0 Likes
4 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

it could simply be doing a memory re-training. My ASUS board does that after a BIOS update, but only on  the initial boot after a bios update. 

As for the codes you are seeing you'll need to refer to your m/b manual or google them. From the bios version numbers they look like Gigabyte names, but I'm just guessing.

Craig

0 Likes
NoShock77
Adept I

It’s definitely not memory training. The code 76 says it’s dxe initialization. With f20a the codes cycle once I’m in windows, and are not shown during the boot process. Bios f13 is fine and doesn’t have the same behavior. The board is Aorus Master X670E so you are correct. 

0 Likes
myabrownn
Adept I

It appears that updating from BIOS F13 to F20a introduced debug LED codes D8, 08, 0E, and 76, though the system functions normally. Consider clearing CMOS, updating all drivers, and verifying BIOS settings. Contact the motherboard manufacturer for insights on changes between versions. The flawless operation on F13 suggests no hardware defects. Await the new X670E Master for further testing. Always back up data before making significant changes. If issues persist, consult manufacturer support for tailored assistance.

Mya

76 appears even on bios 13 with the igpu drivers installed. System functions normally and the code goes away when drivers are uninstalled for integrated graphics. Such a mess. 

0 Likes