cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Fluffytacos
Journeyman III

I put in the wrong shipping address

Today I was finally able to order a 5900x and upon my excitement I put in the wrong shipping address, Is there any possible way to change this before it ships or cancel the order, I do not want to have a $600 processer shipped to the wrong house. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

I believe only the Retailer can either stop, cancel the order, or correct the wrong address of the shipment IF it hasn't shipped out yet.

If the processor has shipped out already and in route there is not much you can do except try to contact the person at the wrong address and hopefully will refuse the package or give it to you or the address you inputted is undeliverable thus the shipping company might return the package back to the sender.

Found this website that gives you the options on what to do if you input the wrong shipping address:  http://blog.optimalship.com/what-happens-if-my-shipping-address-is-wrong

This concerns the Retailer's responsibility from the above link:

If Your Customer Provides You with the Incorrect Address

If your customer provided you with the incorrect address, you may or may not be able to correct the mistake – based on when the customer alerts you that they have provided you with an incorrect address. 

There is a small window of time after a customer places an order and before the order has been shipped. If you find out before the package has been shipped, there are two options. 1) Make note of the address and ship to correct address. 2) Cancel the transaction and have the buyer replace the order with the correct shipping address. In this case, send the buyer a message. Hopefully, you can help the customer correct the address before the package has been delivered. 

If you find out after the package has already been shipped, you are not responsible for replacing the package. There are some things you can do to help your customer have a better experience. You can help the intended recipient locate the package, empathize with the intended recipient, as well as offer a discounted coupon code for your customer to reorder the shipment.

Although shipping a package to the incorrect address is not ideal, it’s not always an unfixable mistake. You may have some options, especially if you catch the mistake early.  

This concerns you the buyer from above link:

If the Package is Coming to You

If you are the intended recipient of the package and not the shipper – and your package has not been delivered – contact the person or business shipping the package to request a change of address as soon as possible. They may or may not be able to help. The sooner you contact them, the better chance you and they have of correcting the mistake. 

If you are the intended recipient of the package, and you find out the package has already been delivered to an incorrect address, there is not as much you can do. You can also contact the person or business shipping the address for help and to see if there is anything they can do. You can attempt to locate the package with the tracking number. If possible, you can pick it up at the incorrect address.

Sometimes the person who now occupies the place that your package was delivered to will send the package back to the sender because of the incorrect name, which you can then have rerouted once the tracking reflects the

0 Likes