cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Amir
Adept I

I dont know if its throttling , AMD 3020e with Radeon Graphics

Hello , so I wanted to find information if anyone had similar problem. Im on HP laptop with AMD 3020e processor with Radeon Graphics integrated . It uses 2gb of ram for graphics and its overall awesome. But , after playing game , or watching a movie , or anything that has to do with graphics , after 30 mins the cpu usage is fixed to 1.59 ghz and it doesnt goes above , but it should since this cpu goes from 1.2 up to 2.6 ghz . After I restart the PC and play movie or game after 30 min the same thing. I know its not the bug I just assume that it has to to with system config after all. If anyone had same issue please share it with me so I can fix mine to. Thank you ! 

0 Likes
1 Reply
AlCl3
Journeyman III

have an acer aspire 3 with the same cpu. When on linux kernel 5.4, it throttles to about 800MHz and further down after playing for ~55 minutes, gpu clock throttles as well. On subsequent kernel versions i experience even harsher throttles, same as described here, IMMEDIATELY after switching to a game window. 

5.4: this doesn't seem to be a thermal throttle issue, as i kept the temperature under 45C for tests. then, i ran some cpu stressing and it seems to be working fine if gpu isn't used. it's really weird that the throttling starts after a fixed amount of time, i have no idea what to do

0 Likes