cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

TheDeveloperGuy
Journeyman III

How to get LiquidVR headset vendor SDK?

I'm implementing a wired headset on Windows and need access to the Liquid VR headset vendor SDK mentioned here:

"Direct-to-Display: Bypasses the operating system and sends the result of VR rendering straight to the headset for lower latency and better compatibility. This LiquidVR™ functionality is exposed in a special SDK targeted at headset vendors, and is not application-accessible."

https://gpuopen.com/liquidvr/

How does one apply?

TIA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @TheDeveloperGuy ,

As I have been informed, the LiquidVR Direct-to-Display SDK is deprecated and it is no longer supported. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
AdrianP
Adept II

0 Likes

That is not the headset vendor SDK. To anyone replying to this, please read my request first, where I specifically state what I'm looking for. Thanks. 

0 Likes
TheDeveloperGuy
Journeyman III

Wow, AMD, wanna increase that pithy VR marketshare? How about someone actually reads and replies to my query, which has now sat here for almost 3 months. Or you know, maybe provide *SOME* information somewhere on how to apply for this. 

In comparison, nVidia XR business development manager contacted me directly as a result of my queries with them, and I now have the information I *need* for that company's GPUs (which have 80% market share). 

TIA

0 Likes

Hi @TheDeveloperGuy ,

My apologies for this delayed reply. I somehow missed to track this query.

I have forwarded your query to the relevant team. As soon as I get any information on this, I will let you know. 

Thanks.

Thanks for responding! As I've seen other people's request for this SDK die on the vine here, is there an actual contact for a business manager or somesuch that you're able and willing to provide? My assumption at this point is that nothing will happen again in the next 3-6 months either unless I escalate this. 

0 Likes
TheDeveloperGuy
Journeyman III

@dipak Can you please escalate this, or at least provide a contact in your company that can address a very reasonable request to get access to the headset vendor SDK. How exactly does your company expect to make any inroads to VR market share with this level of vendor support?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi @TheDeveloperGuy ,

I have sent you a private message in this regard. Please check your inbox.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @TheDeveloperGuy ,

As I have been informed, the LiquidVR Direct-to-Display SDK is deprecated and it is no longer supported. 

Thanks.

0 Likes