Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

faqu
Challenger
Challenger

How to force Vsync ON ?

Is there any method i could use to force Vsync ON in games that do not have an option for Vsync ? I tried to do that within the radeon settings but it is not working (this is an old issue that AMD never addressed)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: How to force Vsync ON ?

If your lucky, there may be a game mod guide, to force/cap frame rate(if that's what your after) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
faqu
Challenger
Challenger

I'm not searching for a way to cap my fps , because i can already do that with RivaTuner Statistics . I'm searching for a way to force Vertical Sync ON , so i can get rid of the screen tearing in old games (old games don't have any Vsync On or Off toggle inside the game).

I tried to use D3DOverrider but it isn't working.... This would be so much easier if i could just force vsync on through radeon settings (but again , it isn't working despite the fact that it should ; thanks amd for never addressing this issue kappa)

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

issue is river tuner is over riding if i am guessing the andrenilin software. I am new to the AMD software had no issues using my interface turning v sync on. If running 2 or more tuning software can conflict had it with the green brand drivers. Alot of the time if application controlled gaming wise can be turned on or off.

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

It works in all my old games, but you can also set the frame rate target to 60.

faqu
Challenger
Challenger

From my experience frtc adds too much input lag to even consider the experience playable... I guess i'll have to live with massive screen tearing unless AMD is making the "Wait for Vertical Refresh" option to work properly

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Which is odd because it only adjusts the card's frequencies and doesn't add any input lag which Vsync can.

faqu
Challenger
Challenger

FRTC is adding even more input lag compared to Vsync , since Vsync forces my game to stay inside of my Freesync range , and inside the Freesync range the only thing that increase the input lag are the rejected frames by Vsync.

If i only wanna cap my fps i can just use RivaTuner which is also improving my frametimes (RTSS only adds ~8ms , which is acceptable even for first-person-shooters)

TDLR; FRTC + Freesync = higher input lag than Vsync + Freesync

0 Kudos
faqu
Challenger
Challenger

I am not using Rivatuner to cap my fps , i am using it only for the osd. If i close msi afterburner , rivatuner statistics and hwinfo64 , and then force vsync on thorugh the driver , it is still not working.

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

Dont use riva tuner or msi & problem is solved running 2 or more tuning programs causes issues why is stick with 1 tuning program going between 2 or more throws everything out why you experiencing issues. Stick with the AMD Andrenaline software its working properly. I have no issues with v sync & on an older build apart from my rx560. No issues tho encountered issues with the 10 updates before with msi installed throwing out graphics drivers adding huge input lag not letting v sync turn on & off. I switched from crap nvidia to AMD for a reason only a few days ago & had a better experience your doing something wrong or somethings in the background running that shouldn't be but i thinking its riva tuner MSI as been threw that issue before. I only use afterburner if i run into issues. The new AMD interface is more accurate & better at capping it.