cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

supercoolgang
Journeyman III

How do I enable Sam on my auros b450m

So I just updated my bios to f63b and I noticed in the previous change logs my motherboard has Smart access memory support I have a 2700x and rx 6600 I’m pretty sure the option simply isn’t there 4g decoding is any suggestions by would be much appreciated 

0 Likes
7 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Enable the "Above 4G Decoding" and "Re-size BAR Support" settings inside the BIOS

Yea I can’t find a resize bar option

0 Likes
yozi_pk
Journeyman III

You can now verify whether or not AMD SAM is enabled by launching the AMD Radeon app. In the Performance tab, a toggle is listed in the Tuning section. If it's grayed out following the steps above, try updating your PC's BIOS and the AMD Radeon software. Repeat the steps to enable the two features and check again.

0 Likes

Already did that 

0 Likes

According to AMD SAM Requirement you need to have a 500 Series Motherboard:

AMD's Smart Access Memory is essentially "resizable Base Address Register (BAR) support" with a fancy name. The technology actually came along with PCIe 3.0, and AMD isn't alone in offering this feature. In early 2021, NVIDIA added resizable BAR support to its RTX 30-series GPUs through a driver update.

In order for SAM to work on your PC, you must have certain hardware components.

• GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6000 series
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5000 series or AMD Ryzen 3000 series (excluding Ryzen 5 3400G and Ryzen 3 3200G)
  • Motherboard: AMD 500 series
  • Driver: Radeon Software 20.11.2 or newer
  • BIOS: AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 or newer

From AMD SAM Webpage concerning the Requirement which are the same as above:

Screenshot 2022-06-11 234746.png

It is available on some 400 series motherboards also it was literally in the changelog for my bios update

0 Likes

I stand corrected. AMD should change its requirements for SAM to include some 400 Series Motherboards.

Found this article that says SAM is enabled in some 400 Series Motherboard with a 5000 series Processor: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/amds-smart-access-memory-sam-tech-reportedly-works-on-400-series-am4-...

According to a recent report coming via ComputerBase, there are some reports that AMD’s Smart Access Memory technology might also work on the 400-series AM4 motherboard chipsets, alongside the new Ryzen 5000-series Zen 3 CPU lineup.

With the latest BIOS updates and AGESA v2 1.1.0.0 firmware, it is possible to activate the Smart Access Memory feature on the X470 and B450 chipsets, as some AIB Motherboard vendors like ASRock have provided firmware/BIOS updates to enable this new tech.

Users can expect the following Zen 3 CPUs to also work, the Ryzen 9 5950X, 5900X, Ryzen 7 5800X and Ryzen 5 5600X, respectively. Though, it should be noted that AMD has not yet officially given any update on this compatibility issue.

So it seems since you have a 2000 series processor is the reason why you can't enable SAM on your ASRock Motherboard according to the above article that I pasted to this post.

0 Likes