cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

campcreekdude
Adept III

Hey when is StoreMI for desktop AMD going to support Storage Spaces?

FUSEDRIVE -Virtual SSD supports multiple hard-drives and storage spaces with SSD caching.

When is that coming to desktop?

0 Likes
5 Replies

FuseDrive is a paid program, StoreMI is free. Also, StoreMI is pretty redundant given the inexpensive nature of high capacity SSDs these days. There's very little reason to pair a low capacity SSD with a HDD for your games and OS, just buy a big SSD or, ideally, a SSD for your OS and SSD for your games.

0 Likes

I have some USB disks, that way if a SSD or internal disk craps out

0 Likes
campcreekdude
Adept III

Yes let me rephrase my question.

I am in a situation where I have multiple drives as I just attained an old/new system that had a bunch of drives.

This was a system I build for someone else for fun in my past life when I was messing around with RAID.

I gave the system to him for free.

Now He had some issues with it so I replaced it with a different one for him.

Anyhow:

It would be neat to have all the drives in a storage space and combine it with SSD caching.

Side Note

One option is:

You could buy a 4 terabyte drive for 109 CAD dollars and a 250 GB PCIE NVME for 100 dollars and spend total 200 CAD dollars on a 4 terabyte cached solution.

There are lots of different types of advice out there. But what I am seeking is something nobody knows about yet.

Will multiple drives (3+ drives) be compatible with Store MI in the future?

0 Likes

I use USB disks to backup important files.These are inexpensive. Internal disks are fine as a secondary volume.

I reformat my system disks a lot when windows becomes unstable

0 Likes

I see that you want to talk about backing up files which is off topic.

I don't find windows becoming unstable very often for me. Rarely if ever a little problem could exist but is fixed with updates.

Quite often doing an update to the next version of windows is a problem solver for me. Or a repair install.

If I notice hangs and glitches during video games I just update the drivers and it works for me.

Backups are important.

0 Likes