Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

C_Drew
Journeyman III

Grainy and/or low-res lights, shadows, reflections, and textures

Hi everyone, 

Issue Description: I have been struggling with a horribly annoying problem that severely degrades the graphical fidelity of most games I play. I first noticed this problem in Marvel's Avengers, where all the characters' hair, shiny surfaces, and lights were very grainy and/or pixelated (the effects look really low-res). Generally, I would describe it as a failure to correctly render lights, shadows, and reflections. Additionally, sometimes, shiny textures also flicker very heavily. It also seems to affect hair in some games and to create some weird grainy lines around edges. Since then, I've been starting to notice this issue in most of the games I play since the middle of September. From what I have seen, it seems to mostly or only happen in DirectX11 games. Some older games also have problems with rendering lights and shadows, but they look different. The problem also appeared on my old GPU, an XFX Radeon RX 570 with 4 GB vRAM.

Hardware: Sapphire RX 5700XT, Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core 12 Threads, Asus B350F Gaming, 16GB RAM DDR3.

Software: Windows 10 Home (Build 19042.685), AMD Radeon Software 20.11.2. The problem is particularly bad in Marvel's Avengers, Godfall, Detroit: Become Human, Doom Eternal, etc.

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am really desperate, as my laptop's GTX 1660 literally renders better graphics than my RX 5700XT. I have also attached several examples of this issue to give a good picture of what it looks like. 

3 Replies
guily6669
Elite

They keep deleting my posts without saying anything bad :smileymad:

Thanks for your reply! No worries, I managed to read your message.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with this for so long :( It seems like the only thing I can do at this point is to contact AMD themselves about it, but there's no guarantee I will receive a reply.

In any case, it's good to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, at least.

Same problem, can't find solutions