cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Esimesi
Journeyman III

Games lag except when I am recording

As the title says, I have been having this problem for several weeks, where every game on my computer has been stuttering and lagging. At first I thought it was an internet or driver problem, so I updated all the drivers (included Bios) and changed my internet connection, But it didn't do anything. Looked for Heat throttling, but everything was below 65C. I tried to tinker with voltage and AMD adrenaline settings, but even that was no help. Did a clean installation of windows, no help. Changed cable to monitor, again no help.

Until today when I was trying to record CSGO to monitor the different values for GPU, CPU and suddenly noticed that the games started to run smoothly as they did before this problem. When I stopped recording, everything went back to lagging and stuttering. So my question is the opposite of what people usually ask, why do you think my games lag when I'm not recording?

Thanks for reading!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, 64 bit, Build 22000, Installed 20211102153622.000000+000
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (58 GB Free); 931 GB (651 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B450M DS3H-CF, ver Default string, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
Monitor: AOC G2460VQ6

6 Replies
Caesum
Adept I

Hi, sorry for necroposting but I have EXACTLY the same problem with my older video games. I checked entire internet for answers to this question but the only other topic I found was on forums.techguy.org which I think was written by the same author as this one.

Basically when I play games that have 60 fps or lower it seems that everything stutters just a tiny bit. I didn't notice that on newer games like Kingdom Come Deliverance so I think it happens only with older ones or ones with capped framerate (eg Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness). The stutters appear on both AMD and NVIDIA GPU. At first I thought the chopiness was due to me playing older games after getting used to 165Hz, but no. When I turn on Xbox Bar Screen Capture the stutters seem to disappear on AMD card, the game is smoother.

@Esimesi have you managed to fix your problem by any chance? There are two topics about it from you and none of them seems to have an answer.

My specs: 

Laptop Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H

AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3,30Ghz) with Radeon Graphics + Nvidia GeForce  RTX 3060 6023 MB VRAM

16 GB RAM

SSD Samsung MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2

Lith-Polymer battery 60Wh 15.36 V/17.37V

230 WAT Power Brick

2560 x 1440 (QHD) 165Hz (with 60Hz option too)

Windows 11 Home 64-bit

0 Likes

I have same issue, and I have enother solve for it - if I enabele amd monitoring the issue is gone.
My specs: 
RX 6700 xt
r5 3600
16 gb 3200 mhz
m2 ssd p310 480 gb patriot
pf600
monitor acer with 75 hz

I did a rather extensive research into the whole stuttering issue and the thing is that when both iGPU and dGPU are active GPU PCIE Rx and GPU PCIE Tx are clogged with random data (about 30+ MB/s) every 20 seconds which causes stutter. This issue disappears if you turn off iGPU or connect your laptop to power.

But I dont have laptop I have PC 

You don't have a PC with motherboard that has an integrated GPU by any chance? If not then I guess my issue might be different from yours and OP's.

0 Likes

no, I have r5 3600 this one without gpu

0 Likes