cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Game code scam alert. Samsung SSDs with free copy of Assassins Creed: Valhalla.

Game code scam alert. Samsung SSDs with free copy of Ubisoft Assassins Creed: Valhalla.

Samsung have a promotion which has a game code for a free copy of Ubisoft Assassins Creed: Valhalla.
This is promoted from various etailers.
They are sending out the game code with instructions on how to activate the game at an Ubisoft link. 
The code does appear to activate. 
You get an email telling you the code has activated. 
However the game Assassins Creed: Valhalla does not appear at all in your Ubisoft Game Library. 

There are many posts about the problem on Ubisoft Forum. 
Ubisoft support is terrible,

1. They tried to tell me to go back to the Etailer and ask for another code. 
2. They then tried to tell me to contact Samsung about it. 
3. They then told me to send screenshots of receipt from Etailer and actual Email with game code, despite me altrady cut and paste the information. Then told me they had to escalate the case to a team "higher up" in the organisation. 

I was on the support call for about 1 hour. 
Still no game activated. 

I have the impression they are simply not interested in activating the game codes in library and simply want to scam people out of getting the game for free. 

Conclusion.

Do not factor the "free game" in with purchasing the Samsung SSDs,
In fact, look on it as an additional cost. 

Ridiculous.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The game runs o.k.

It took Ubisoft Support exactly one month after I opened the case with them and constant requests for updates on the case from me. 

I also had to contact Ubisoft Support on Twitter to get them to work on the case.

I also had to open a case with Advertising Standards. 
That was the only thing that resulted in any action at all. 

It was only after I contacted Advertising Standards that  Ubisoft sent me an Assassin's Creed Valhalla Game Code directly from Ubisoft Support. I entered that code directrly into the "Redeem Code" menu in Ubisoft Connect. 

I have no explanation from the Etailer or from Ubisoft regarding why the game code original code I received with the SSD and  entered on Assassin's Creed Game Code Redeem Website as instructed failed to work in the first place. 

Ubisoft tried to claim it took them one month because every time a user updates their case with Ubisoft after Ubisoft tell a user to try something out, the user gets sent to the back of the support queue. 
That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. 

Make of all the above what you will. 
In my view they had no intention whatsoever of fulfilling the game code and it was only because I was such a pain that they resolved my case. 

I will make this the "solution" to this post. 

More Info: 

I have recorded some initial testing videos of Assassin's Creed Valhalla running on an i7-4790K and an R9 FuryX. 

I tested on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with Adrtenalin 2020 20.1.1 driver.
The R9 FuryX is stuck in  Global Crossfire on though - I cannot get that driver to turn Global Crossfire off.

The test videos are running with Global Crossfire on but Crossfire disabled in the Assasin's Creed Valhalla Gaming Profile  menu.  That usually incurs a performance hit versus turning Global Crossfire off. 

I may upload the test videos at a later date for people to see if they are interested. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

It's the eTailer's fault for advertising a promotion which has ended. You had to have redeemed it by December 30th, 2020.

image.png

https://www.samsung.com/au/offer/ssd-acvalhalla/

0 Likes

I received a terms and conditions document for the game code with the SSD I purchased. 
It states: 

Redemption period: 
From 10 November 2020 and
23:59 on 12 March 2021

So that is not the problem. 

0 Likes

You think they changed the dates because they were losing too much money?
0 Likes

I have no idea what is going on. 
All I know so far is to warn people about it.
I still have no game in Ubisoft Library and very poor response from their support. 

0 Likes

Reported as spam. 
Do not click the above link. 
Thanks. 

0 Likes

finally got a game code from Ubisoft and it has activated the game in my library using redeem code from within Ubisoft Connect. 

The game is installing now. 

I will test if the game runs properly  next.
I am not closing the complaint I opened with Advertising Standards though. 
So if you get the same problem, let me know.

Thanks. 

0 Likes

The game runs o.k.

It took Ubisoft Support exactly one month after I opened the case with them and constant requests for updates on the case from me. 

I also had to contact Ubisoft Support on Twitter to get them to work on the case.

I also had to open a case with Advertising Standards. 
That was the only thing that resulted in any action at all. 

It was only after I contacted Advertising Standards that  Ubisoft sent me an Assassin's Creed Valhalla Game Code directly from Ubisoft Support. I entered that code directrly into the "Redeem Code" menu in Ubisoft Connect. 

I have no explanation from the Etailer or from Ubisoft regarding why the game code original code I received with the SSD and  entered on Assassin's Creed Game Code Redeem Website as instructed failed to work in the first place. 

Ubisoft tried to claim it took them one month because every time a user updates their case with Ubisoft after Ubisoft tell a user to try something out, the user gets sent to the back of the support queue. 
That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. 

Make of all the above what you will. 
In my view they had no intention whatsoever of fulfilling the game code and it was only because I was such a pain that they resolved my case. 

I will make this the "solution" to this post. 

More Info: 

I have recorded some initial testing videos of Assassin's Creed Valhalla running on an i7-4790K and an R9 FuryX. 

I tested on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with Adrtenalin 2020 20.1.1 driver.
The R9 FuryX is stuck in  Global Crossfire on though - I cannot get that driver to turn Global Crossfire off.

The test videos are running with Global Crossfire on but Crossfire disabled in the Assasin's Creed Valhalla Gaming Profile  menu.  That usually incurs a performance hit versus turning Global Crossfire off. 

I may upload the test videos at a later date for people to see if they are interested.