cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

FYI: AMD has live Customer Service CHAT Feature now

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to get information on the Maximum Operating Temperature of the RX 6000 Series GPU card and found out that now AMD has a live online CHAT Feature to help you.

I went to AMD's RX 6800XT Specs webpage and at the bottom right corner there was a CHAT NOW Pop-up box. Decided to use it to see if it was any help in finding my answers.

Clicked on the Chat box and started Chatting with a AMD Customer Service Agent. Not sure if he is involve in Tech Support or not but he was able to at least answer my questions.

This is the first time I notice this Chat feature when going to a AMD Hardware Spec webpage.

I believe the Chat Feature is the fastest and easiest way to contact Customer Service. Email is snail mail when it comes to the Chat feature.

Anyways. just giving a FYI for those that haven't noticed this new Customer Service Support feature. Hope it will be a permanent feature and not during this Pandemic.

10 Replies

Is it country/region specific, not got in the LDU.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I can not find this feature either.
There is no "chat now" anywhere on the AMD website.

I would really like to chat with AMD technical support, regarding some system freeze issues.
My support requests via "Bug Report Tool" are not being answered, so far.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

I should have taken an photo of the CHAT NOW Pop up box last night.

I see that it is missing today. But last night when I went to the AMD RX6800XT Spec Webpage, I immediately got a CHAT NOW pop up box  appeared.  At least twice when I went to that page within 30 Minutes.

So I don't know if the feature was just being temporarily tested by AMD yesterday night.

The AMD Customer Service Agent I chatted with was DERRICK G. from a small city in Texas. Afterwards when I went back a second time a different Customer Service Agent name popped up in the CHAT NOW box offering any help or information concerning AMD GPUs.

So I am as baffled as everyone to what happened to the CHAT NOW feature that was temporarily ACTIVE last night.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after ending the Chat session with the AMD Customer Service Agent I immediately was given a AMD Survey about the Chat Session which I filled out giving excellent comments.  It was just like when you finish a Chat session with Amazon or some other Tech or Retail site that asks your comments on how the Chat session was for you after chatting.

The only persons that can tell me if what happened last night was a fluke or not is one of the AMD Moderators. They can probably find out if AMD was testing out a Chat feature or not last night.

I do hope that they are actually testing a live chat feature,
to be implemented on a regular active basis for future customer support.

Maybe @Matt_AMD can provide some insights?

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Wow this blog is very nice

0 Likes

Okay the CHAT NOW is back again. I guess it is active during after hours or at night.

Here is a image I took with CHAT NOW enabled again:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 193333.png

I thought AMD was making a liar out of me or making me look like I was crazy  (-:

Note: These are AMD Customer Service Agents.

EDIT: Went back after closing out webpage and now is missing again. So I am not sure what circumstances is required to get CHAT NOW to appear.

Decided to use MS EDGE and now the CHAT NOW logo appeared again as shown in this image:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 193333.png

So it seems like if you visit for the first time CHAT NOW is enabled but once you go back it is disabled.

I went back to the same page and the CHAT NOW logo was again visible and started a Chat with Derrick. This is his reply about CHAT NOW:

Screenshot 2021-01-26 195216.png

You aren't crazy, that was indeed me!  There is a chat function now and it's mostly for GPU/CPU purchase questions, but we do answer some tech support questions.  We cannot answer any questions about orders or purchases that you have made from AMD or AMAZON or other retailers.  If we can't answer your tech support question after giving it a try, there is always the Tech support email form you can fill out!

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

PRO TIP: Do NOT fill out multiple tech support tickets.  It will only slow the process down and can actually lengthen the time it takes for them to contact you.  So just fill out the form once, as detailed as you can be about the issue and then wait for them to reply.  They will reply, just be patient.  The more times you enter a ticket over and over, the longer it takes to answer them all.

Thank You!

@derrickgott007 and @elstaci thanks for the update.

Too bad this is not a customer tech support per say.
Was hoping to ask about the crashes I get with game profiles enabled.

Still good to know you can ask about purchasing from AMD now.

cheers!

Zentropi77
Journeyman III

where?!?

i cant find them anywhere

0 Likes