cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bahadur9
Journeyman III

Fps drops problems

I got the rx 7700xt yesterday and I'm having problems playing games using ray tracing. The problem lies in the fact that the games run without problems at the beginning but after a while the fps drops to unplayable levels and the game stutters badly, observing both with the AMD overlay and with afterburner that in these cases the use of the GPU is at 100% and the frequencies are also high, but what is halved is its energy consumption, it's as if the energy needed to run the game well as it was doing a few moments before was limited. I have tried reinstalling the drivers in 50 different ways including with DDU, all the games I have tried so far and in which I have activated ray tracing have given me this problem. I tried Alan Wake 2 (obviously on low and only 2 settings that give good performance, but without being too pressing), ratchet and clank at maximum and hocwarts tie us (this one gave me problems with any setting). I also tried installing just the drivers and it seems to have solved the problem on ratchet and clanck, but otherwise 0. I also activated SAM and deactivated fTPM which from what I've read seem to conflict and cause these types of problems. I play in FHD, I have CPU: 5700x, mobo: B550M Aorus Elite, Ram: 16gb ddr4 3200mhz cl16 (obviously I have XMP active), PSU: Corsair AX860 and the games are installed on an m2 gen 4 ssd. Thanks in advance everyone who will respond and I hope I have been exhaustive in explaining the problem

0 Likes
0 Replies