Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

TeRacksito
Journeyman III

Feature request | AMD Adrenalin recording capabilities: General audio device

Hi,

I have been an AMD user for many years, and I would like to request a feature that would significantly improve the recording and streaming capabilities of AMD Adrenalin, making them more professional and user-friendly.

Currently, AMD Adrenalin allows users to enable/disable and configure a microphone input device for recordings. This functionality is excellent and highly appreciated. However, there is no equivalent option for selecting and configuring a general audio output device, such as game audio, desktop audio, or application audio.

While the existing audio configuration works well for simple setups, it falls short when users employ more complex audio setups using Windows or third-party software like Sonar. In such cases, AMD Adrenalin often fails to accurately capture the intended audio, resulting in recordings that are frequently soundless.

The ability to choose whether to record the microphone and specify which microphone to use is great, and the option to split audio into two files is very useful. However, this level of control should also extend to general audio output. Currently, I am unable to properly record audio because AMD Adrenalin does not recognize the correct audio source.

For instance, in my setup, I use Sonar to create a “Streaming” mix that includes game audio, chat, auxiliary input, and more, all enhanced with effects, sound corrections, and noise suppression. Sonar provides a “Stream” output device that other software, like Discord and OBS, can easily recognize and use for recording. Unfortunately, AMD Adrenalin is not compatible with this “Stream” output device because you simply cannot select one, which is incredibly frustrating.

I understand that AMD Adrenalin defaults to recording the primary audio device for games and desktop audio, but it is time for users to have the ability to choose the specific audio output device they want to record. This feature would greatly enhance the flexibility and usability of AMD Adrenalin for users with advanced audio setups.

Thank you for considering this request. I would love to hear more about the possibility of integrating this feature and look forward to seeing it implemented in future updates. Keep up the great work and have a nice day out there!

0 Likes
0 Replies