cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

llSnowll
Journeyman III

Fans on video cards do not spin

Hello everyone, I recently encountered a problem that even when starting up and at high temperatures, the fans on the video card (rx5700xt) do not turn on, I decided to remove the video card and check with a multimeter, in the end everything turned out to be fine, I tried reinstalling the drivers, it didn’t help, I manually started turning the fan blades, The AMD Software program showed the fan rotation speed, which means that the PC sees the fans but does not start, the question is why (I have been looking for a solution to this problem for 2 days and have not found it)

1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I wonder if you've installed an application that has control over your video card fans?  Check to see what apps are installed and also check your startup list; there might be a few of them you can temporarily disable to see if the fans subsequently come on.

Do you have a second PCIe slot on your motherboard?  If so, try installing the RX 5700 XT video card into that second slot and check the fan operation.

Lastly, look for a motherboard BIOS update and if there is one, I would seriously consider installing it.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes