Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

grumpypants
Journeyman III

Extended view

HI!

My apologize if it's in the wrong category. I recently switched from nVidia to AMD GPU. I have RX 6700XT, and i have a question:

-when i use Extended view(i have 27' monitors) and i turn off one of the screens it automatically goes into 1 screen display. I did not have this with nVidia. I could have one screen turned off and still all the windows that where part of that screen where staying there, and when i would turn it on everything would be the same.

I tried google but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Flyfisherman
Challenger

I have similar experience with extended monitor setup:
if I turn off the primary (left) monitor - and then turn it on again: everything on my right monitor moves to my primary monitor.

However if I turn off and on my second non primary (right) monitor everything stays as it was.

This annoying because even if I normally never turn off any of my monitors, starting a full screen game on my primary left monitor it goes black for a short time while loading the game and when it comes back all my windows, browser, etc. on my second monitor moves to my primary monitor. In that case I have to Alt +Tab out of the game and manually move my other windows back to my right second monitor.

My Rig:
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT OC 16GB
Adrenalin s/w: 21.10.2
Extended monitor setup: Gigabyte AORUS-FI27Q27" 2560x1440 @165Hz (primary), Philips IPS 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz.
Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wi-fi) with AMD X570 chipset
BIOS ver. 3801 (with AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C).
Chipset: amd_chipset_software_3.09.01.140
SAM: Enabled and fully functional.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Ram: Corsair Vengeance low profile 16GB @3200 MHz cl16
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15-Se AM4
Storage: M2 Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NWME, SSD Samsumg 950 Pro 1 TB SATA
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with latest Windows optional update.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

So then the fix for Rapid Hot Plug Detect will eventually come to regular Windows 10 since it is at the moment only available on Windows 10 insider program with Windows 10 version 21287 or above.

But when? The MS-blog post is from April 2021 https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/

I have Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1 OS-version 19043.1288

Btw. Problem also occur when the monitors goes to sleep and wake up.

0 Likes