cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Azifor
Journeyman III

Experiencing regular failures with AMD Radeon Pro W5700 on Windows 11. How to resolve?

Bought a new computer with the following specs:

• AMD Radeon Pro W5700
  • 32GB RAM
  • Intel i9-11900K
  • Windows 11 Pro

I cannot seem to use my computer leisurely for any extent of time without the graphics appearing to fail. When it fails, one or both monitors go black. Sometimes one or both come back but sometimes I need to power cycle a monitor. The AMD bug report tool pops open each time. In the past 2 hours it has happened 4 times and I have reported it each time. This has been ongoing since I bought my computer roughly 1.5 months ago (probably reported this 20-30+ times). When it fails I am doing one of the following

• Watching hbo or netflix on one monitor while I browser reddit in another. 
  • Playing runescape while youtube plays music on another screen
  • Playing just runescape on one monitor

Spent a lot of money on this setup and its sad to see my first experience with AMD has been this worrisome with issues without really pushing my system hard. I have also reported this using Microsoft report tool as well. Any thoughts on what to do? I am fully updated according to Dell/Microsoft/AMD.  

0 Likes
18 Replies

0 Likes
fsadough

Can you please kindly provide an AMDZ Report?

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v312.zip available from https://we.tl/t-fDbaDtDeDi
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

0 Likes

See below comment for link. 

0 Likes

0 Likes

Access denied. Please use Wetransfer

0 Likes

Wetransfer is asking for an email to send it to. I updated the permissions on that file so you should be bale to access it now I think.

Hopefully it works this time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sy6WKULNj-qL0DXyXSxw8Ob5PiLcQ1l0/view

0 Likes

Found the correct way to do it in wetransfer. 

https://we.tl/t-DAZJ2jH2PL

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Sorry I was on vacation and the link expired

0 Likes

Here is a new link again:

https://we.tl/t-C4BTescmco

0 Likes

Any update or thoughts by chance? Thinking about calling Dell/AMD and complaining at this point but not sure if thats the right decision. 

0 Likes

1. Make sure you update your system BIOS to the latest 1.12.2 version from DELL

----------BIOS Information--------------
    Version: Dell Inc. 1.11.0 (255.255) 04/18/2022 (32MB)

2. Please uninstall Intel UHD Graphics 750 driver and Software from your system and make sure the onboard Graphics is disabled in the system BIOS

Adapter name Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750
    Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4C8A&SUBSYS_0A581028&REV_04\3&11583659&1&10&02
    WDDM 3.0 ,64BitAtomics ,GPUMMU ,FlipOverwrite ,ContextlessPresent ,Hrbrid iGPU
    PCI address BUS: 0, DEV: 2, FUN: 0
    Driver info 30.0.100.9955 10-7-2021
    VRAM size Dedicated memory:128MB, Shared memory:16244MB

0 Likes
brandmeister
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue. I upgraded from Threadripper 1900X to Epyc 7443P and now my card is having this issue. So far I could not resolve it. I tried different PCIe settings in the UEFI, Pro and consumer drivers, switched PCIe port and so on. With no success. As far as I can tell, it is only happening in idle, not while gaming for example.

0 Likes
fsadough

same applies to you. Please provide an AMDZ Report:

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v312.zip available from https://we.tl/t-amsNVgI8rx
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

0 Likes

I have created the report, where should I upload it?

For this problem I created my own topic, but it was falsely flagged as spam. Now I cannot post anything new.

0 Likes

You can use the same portal where you downloaded the report: wetransfer

0 Likes

• Is this a server you are trying to install a W5700 in it?
  • Or are you using a SuperMicro motherboard?
  • Please provide the exact make and model of the server or motherboard.
  • What are you trying to do and what applications are you running?
  • What is the exact problem description?
  • Are you connecting 3x monitors to the W5700?
  • Are you running any virtualization?
0 Likes

I am running VMs, yes and this is my Workstation. The problem only occurs during idle, never under load.

Here is my original post:

Hi there,

my Radeon Pro W5700 is making me trouble. I get regular blackscreens while in idle. During 3D load, Blender, couple of hours Overwatch and burn in test with 3D-Mark, Furmark and so on, this did not happen so far. I have 3 displays connected. One via VGA (ASPEED AST2500) and two via DisplayPort (W5700). My main screen is LG 32UN550-W (4k 60Hz), second screen is Dell U2422HE (FullHD 60Hz ) and the third one is an old VGA display.

The Problem:

During idle and after some minutes or hours my LG screen looses the signal and my other screens still function normal. Then after some seconds the computer becomes very unresponsive, cannot even move my mouse pointer. After up to a couple of minutes the Dell looses the signal and only the VGA display is showing my desktop. Most of the time the LG screen can recover and it gets reconnected, but not all the time. AMD crash reporter detects the problem aswell (I have reported it). I can still use the computer normally via the VGA display or if the LG recovers via my main screen, but code 31 in device manager. The Dell will not come back, until a reboot.

I have already tried Pro and Consumer drivers.

Here are my specifications:

Epyc 7443P

Supermicro H12SSL-CT

Micron 4x 32GB MTA18ASF4G72PDZ-3G2E1R

Radeon PRO W5700 8GB (VGA BIOS: 017.001.000.068.016762) Driver: 22.Q3

Seasonic Focus GX 850 Watt

Samsung 980 1TB M.2 NVME

Windows 10 Pro

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes