cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

gharjohan
Journeyman III

Experiencing Multiple BSODs on my Ryzen System

I get BSOD's, sometimes more than 1 a day. 
The one just a few minutes ago was "System Thread Exception not handled"
Windows is up to date, I updated all the drivers that I could, and I still get the BSOD's.
System details:
CPU: 3.20 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core
Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Rev X.0x
RAM: 16314 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Displays and adapter:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB [Display adapter]

DELL P2717H [Monitor] (27.2"vis, s/n XX-04P9HC-XXXXX-77Q-A7XB, July 2017)
DELL U2412M [Monitor] (24.0"vis, s/n XX-0Y1H5T-XXXXX-1BS-2GFL, December 2011)
DELL U2412M [Monitor] (24.0"vis, s/n XX-0Y1H5T-XXXXX-294-1NNL, September 2012)

The standard CPU fan supplied with the processor is used and the temperatures seems ok.
The powersupply is a 750W and the system is on a 5kVA ups.

I mainly use Android Studio and Jetbrain PyCharm, IntelliJIDEA and PhpStorm but the crashes happens while using any of these or just while browsing with Chrome. Email client is Mailbird. I was unable to see a pattern regarding the usage of the software packages...

Other reasons for crashes stated in the system log:
* The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID .... I went and set the permissions in the registry and all is ok regarding this error for a while and then it occurs again.

* The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.
* The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
* The previous system shutdown at 09:54:38 on ‎01/‎07/‎2019 was unexpected.
* The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff806061adf81, 0xffff8d8eae8e6868, 0xffff8d8eae8e60b0).

Any suggestions how I can remedy this?

0 Likes
4 Replies

If your having no luck on https://forums.geforce.com/

Try https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

You might try disabling 'fast startup'

Windows 10 Fast Startup could be detrimental to your computer 

How to Enable or Disable Fast Startup

Deciding whether to bother with Fast Startup actually takes longer than turning it on or off. First, open up your power options by hitting Windows+X or right-clicking your Start menu and selecting Power Options. In the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do.”

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup.  

Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.

fast startup

If you don’t see the option at all, it means hibernation is not enabled on your machine. In this case, the only shutdown options you’ll see are Sleep and Lock. The quickest way to enable hibernation is to close the power settings window and then hit Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin). At the Command Prompt, type the command:

powercfg /hibernate on

After turning hibernate on, run through the steps again and you should see both the Hibernate and Fast Startup options.

0 Likes

That error code tells me you are using Windows 7, upgrade to windows 10 version 1809

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

Need more information. Kind of need to view the dump file to figure out which device/driver has the issue, then once you know that, can advise more. But as of now, we have no idea which driver is causing the BSOD.

0 Likes