cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

breimeister
Adept II

Displayport No Signal

I don't know if this is problem with the AMD driver or the Windows 10 Pro operating system.  My system turns off the display after 10 minutes of no activity and this used to work fine, but now it turns off and then on every few seconds to tell me the displayport has no signal.

Anyone know who to blame?

0 Likes
5 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Check your windows power settings and change the monitor sleep timer or just disable it altogether.

0 Likes
Hooper25
Journeyman III

You may not be aware, but usually the DisplayPort no signal issue comes from improper connection. You have to ensure that the connector has been plugged into the port correctly and it cannot be pulled out too easily. You can unplug an re-plug the DisplayPort connection.

0 Likes
Karen151
Journeyman III

You may not be aware, but usually the DisplayPort no signal issue comes from improper connection. You have to ensure that the connector has been plugged into the port correctly and it cannot be pulled out too easily. You can unplug an re-plug the DisplayPort connection.

Target Card Balance Now

0 Likes
Carver159
Journeyman III

@breimeister wrote:

I don't know if this is problem with the AMD driver or the Windows 10 Pro operating system.  My system turns off the display after 10 minutes of no activity and this used to work fine, but now it turns off and then on every few seconds to tell me the displayport has no signal.

Anyone know who to blame?

Just got fixed. The DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter was a Dell DA300 combo (HDMI + displayPort + ethernet + USB3 + C pass-through) I had from my laptop.

Replacing it by a simple/cheap passive C type DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter fixed it.

0 Likes

Thanks for all the replies.  I have checked the displayport connections and they are plugged in properly.  I plugged in the cable into a second displayport on my 5700 XT with the same result.  The video card has only one HDMI port and that is connected to a second monitor.  That monitor does not have this problem.  I will look for a displayport to HDMI adapter, but I may just have to live with this problem.

0 Likes