General Discussions

aderi
Adept I

Display: "No Signal" after "Check signal cable" with a connected Radeon RX 580

End of 2018 I have built a PC with/from
- MSI B350M PRO-VDH, 601-7A38-030B1801002723
- AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Red Dragon V2 Graphics Card, AXRX D5–3DHDV2/OC, Black
- 1 TBB SSD [C:\]
- 2 x 2 TB HDD [D:\], organized in RAID 0 (Mirror)

I've taken away the display+keyboard+mouse cables for an old PC. After giving them back to the above PC (Win 10) there is no valid signal on the display's input.
The sound of the booting PC's moving HDDs is there to show, that the PC should be in/over the booting screens.
I tried both the HDMI and DVI cables.
Starting the PC, the display shows at first "Check signal cable" and some seconds later "No Signal". If I remove the display cable after that, then "Check signal cable" is there again.
So something works in the background, but either the motherboard or the graphic card is faulty.
(The display and the cable work with a notebook Win 10, so it should be OK.)

Any idea/help is appriciated.

1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

(1)  If there is a VGA connection from the video card to the monitor available, give that a try.  It would likely result in the same issue if the HDMI and DVI cables have no signal from the video card.

(2)  Try another PCI-e slot for the video card, if there is a second one on your motherboard.

(3)  If you can borrow another video card, try that in place of your current one.

(4)  Make sure all your power cables are connected to the motherboard and the devices (video card needs external power too).  It's easy to forget about the CPU power cable.

(5)  Pull all hard drive connections off and see if it will let you get into the BIOS.  

(6)  If all else fails, try pulling out the CPU and reinstalling it again.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".