cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Sky119_
Adept I

cpu cooling upgrade

I currently have a Be Quiet! pure rock 2, i love the look of be quiet coolers but i want to squeeze every last drop of performance from my 5600x. i will be getting a new case (Be Quiet! 500DX) soon and im wondering if the Be Quiet! pure loop 360mm would be worth it, its on sale for a good price, and i want to know if i should go for it.

Note: as i said earlier i love the looks of the Be Quiet! cpu coolers, mostly the "pure" series, so i would like to stick with that. thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

Keep in mind that the 5600x is only a 65wtt TDP CPU .. I run the be quiet! Dark Rock Slim on my daughters 5800x and it works great. That being said , you might want to invest in 3600'ish speed RAM (preferably 2x16GB sticks over 2 or 4x8GB sticks) to get the most out of your CPU's Infinity Fabric .. or a better GPU (I don't know you system specs so just throwing stuff out there)... 

Invest in a good PSU to provide good clean stable power to all your pieces and parts ..Gamer's Nexus has an interesting video on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

Make sure you have good air flow because it's important to keep your VRM's and RAM cool too to get the most out of ALL of your parts

Maybe grab a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD drive for your OS and another for your games .. 

CPU cooling is very important .. but there are a lot more things to consider in your total system build to get the most out of the WHOLE setup  

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThreeDee
Paragon

Keep in mind that the 5600x is only a 65wtt TDP CPU .. I run the be quiet! Dark Rock Slim on my daughters 5800x and it works great. That being said , you might want to invest in 3600'ish speed RAM (preferably 2x16GB sticks over 2 or 4x8GB sticks) to get the most out of your CPU's Infinity Fabric .. or a better GPU (I don't know you system specs so just throwing stuff out there)... 

Invest in a good PSU to provide good clean stable power to all your pieces and parts ..Gamer's Nexus has an interesting video on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

Make sure you have good air flow because it's important to keep your VRM's and RAM cool too to get the most out of ALL of your parts

Maybe grab a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD drive for your OS and another for your games .. 

CPU cooling is very important .. but there are a lot more things to consider in your total system build to get the most out of the WHOLE setup  

ThreeDee PC specs