cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Vortex
Journeyman III

Computer Crashing on game start with new cpu - Ryzen 7 5700x

On certain games I can play for like 5 minutes before a full black screen and system restart like Escape From Tarkov, but then for example on Warzone 2 I get a full crash within 5 seconds of pressing start. Everything runs fine when system idles or just have low programs like Discord and Chrome open. I've only had this CPU for right at 2 weeks and not been able to really use at all except for Chrome and Discord. I am able to play everything fine when I use my old CPU, this issue only occurs with this new CPU. I have tried fully installing new drivers and deleting the old ones, bought an AIO and temps have not reached over 60 degrees Celsius , I have fully reset the system to where there is only AMD software that I have installed and the game launcher but the issue occurs again. I have a 750W bronze certified PSU so it has plenty of power and 100's of extra watts if needed. At this point the only thing it seems is that it is just a faulty CPU. Any thoughts that could help me out I'm really stuck and tempted to just return it and hope that a new CPU will fix it.

2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Acts more like an incompatibility issue. 

Post all of your components in the build so the form can adequately diagnose possible causes.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
ThreeDee
Paragon

As stated .. list your FULL PC specs

What was your old CPU?

Is your motherboards BIOS up to date?

Are you running the latest AM4 Chipset drivers from AMD.com?

Which make/model 750wtt 80+ Bronze PSU?

Are  you using a UPS?

Is your Windows install up to date?

Help us to better help you .. the more info you give on your setup .. the better

ThreeDee PC specs