Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

MrBlueGuy
Journeyman III

Compatible RAM w/ Ryzen 7 -B450-F

Hi there!

I have a question regarding what RAM is compatible with Ryzen 7 2700X.

I am running ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming along with Ryzen 7 2700X. I currently have Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3000MHz (16GB) installed. However, I am experiencing strange PC freezes. Basically (at random times) when playing games, everything becomes unresponsive, I can not press any buttons or use my mouse, nothing. The game is still running.: Example : 

This also happens when running some Android emulators /virtual stuff. Basically, when my CPU has to do a lot of work, freezing occurs. 

I believe this has something to do with the RAM, as I've heard many have problems with Corsair and Ryzen. (Think G.Skill is best?) 

I just want a reliable PC for work and gaming. This PC is a disaster at this time. 

Anyone have any suggestions on the best compatible RAM for my system? I know there's a list to see what's what, but it's a jungle for me, so I would dearly appreciate the help!

Overall specs.

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3000MHz (16GB)

GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 4GB (Old I know, upgrading soon)

STRG: Samsung 860EVO 250GB SSD - Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB

PSU: Corsair RMX 750W V2

0 Likes
4 Replies
begeyi8596
Adept I

Hi buddy, am using Kingston HyperX Fury and it is working fine for me with Ryzen 7 2700X.

Regards,

Roel Hackett

Yes, I've heard and never had any issues with Kingston. I remember years ago I had the M5A99X Evo mobo, along with FX8350, and at that time I was using Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz and had so many problems and BSOD... I was confused, but I tried one stick and it worked! Well... it just took longer before BSOD. I changed to Kingston RAM, and never had any issues after that (It still runs as a streaming PC in the bedroom )

Anyway, I can understand if Kingston works with Ryzen as Kingston offer (as I heard) the best compatibility. So I guess I could try it. Do you have the particular serial or "product ID" or what it's called? See if it's in-store where I live. Thanks ✌

0 Likes

Anyone else using it, if yes! are you mining too? 

Regards,

Roel Hackett

0 Likes

Here is the Asus Support link to your motherboard's QVL List for the 2000 series processors: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl

When you choose a RAM from the list check to see how many DIMM slots it is compatible with and if it can be overclocked or not and what speed it will run at on your motherboard.

The QVL List shows all that information. The list is a little bit older than a year - 01/16/2020