cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

scroam
Journeyman III

Can you provide the decibels rating for the wraith prism, spire and stealth cooler fans?

Can you provide the decibels rating for the wraith prism, spire and stealth cooler fans?

0 Likes
1 Solution
leyvin
Miniboss

As a "Maximum"?

Well somewhat depends on your distance from them... but about 42dB (Stealth) / 48dB (Spire) / 55dB (Max) at 100%.

Yet as a key note, while this seems "Similar" to other Aftermarket Coolers., keep in mind that that:

a) they'll rarely actually be at 100%

b) the type of noise they produce is very different to most coolers., producing more of a Hum than a Whir

With an Optimised Fan Curve, as opposed to Default; for all intended purposes they're Near Silent at Idle., and will typically under Stock Clocks for their intended processors (i.e. what they're packaged with) Max out at ~40% RPM producing ~32dB (at most).

Which is noticeable, but again due to the type of noise it is... easily becomes background noise rather than noticeable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

I have a sound meter and OEM fans tend to be 3-5 dB louder than aftermarket coolers.

Doing a lab test is not easy and I am not willing to spend the time or money to do a formal test.

So I offer what I can tell in an office environment.

0 Likes

This review on the AMD Wraith Prism gives a good indication of the amount of noise the CPU Cooler produces: ardOCP: AMD Wraith Prism CPU Air Cooler Review .

This review on the AMD Wraith Max and Spire also gives good indications of amount of noise these CPU Coolers produces: AMD Wraith Max and Wraith Spire Coolers Benchmark Results | RelaxedTech

0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

As a "Maximum"?

Well somewhat depends on your distance from them... but about 42dB (Stealth) / 48dB (Spire) / 55dB (Max) at 100%.

Yet as a key note, while this seems "Similar" to other Aftermarket Coolers., keep in mind that that:

a) they'll rarely actually be at 100%

b) the type of noise they produce is very different to most coolers., producing more of a Hum than a Whir

With an Optimised Fan Curve, as opposed to Default; for all intended purposes they're Near Silent at Idle., and will typically under Stock Clocks for their intended processors (i.e. what they're packaged with) Max out at ~40% RPM producing ~32dB (at most).

Which is noticeable, but again due to the type of noise it is... easily becomes background noise rather than noticeable.

0 Likes