cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sampaioamd
Journeyman III

Asus Vivobook S14 AMD Ryzen 5700U crashes (Windows 10)

Hello, I'm reaching you out of desperation. Since a week and a half, my Vivobook S14 (Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz; Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable) has started crashing and has become sluggish. It used to be a rocket. Fast even in energy saving mode and now it's just slow: everything takes more time to open and even typing and moving the mouse is no longer a smooth experience as before.  The laptop was bought in August 2021!

I am browsing and opening tabs or loading a Youtube video, or having Chrome on the background and then open a PDF file and for a fraction of a second the mouse cursor starts to lag, whatever I was/am listening freezes and loops, and then: black screen. A few times the computer restarts on its own; most others I have to do a hard reset. 

I have been doing every single BIOS and AMD update recommended by the MyAsus and Radeon Software applications; and I am running Windows 10 Home 21H1.

The IT guy at work told me RAM was probably the culprit and my first suspicion was thus either the RAM and/or the SDD.

Yet I have done since last Friday, the 29th October and by chronological order: 1 Windows Memory Diagnostic Test in Basic where the computer froze and became unresponsive, had to hard reset. But then I did 2 Windows Memory Diagnostic tests in Basic; 1 MemTest86, and between yesterday and this morning, 1 Windows Memory Diagnostic Test in Extended mode that took 15 hours to finish. No errors found whatsoever in any test!

Same for the SDD: nothing found either with Crystal Disk Info, HD Tune Pro, and checked SMART status too with Command Prompt.

Of course, I went to Event Viewer but other than errors described in Windows forums as meaningless, I have found nothing. One thing that puzzles me, however, is that Windows is not creating any dump files: and yes, I've looked around, followed all instructions, but it still never creates them.

Thanks in advance for your help. Any hints will be much appreciated!

P.S. I also did plenty of MyAsus one-click diagnosis and all of the check-ups on RAM, SDD their program offers; also did a Windows Maintenance.

0 Likes
0 Replies